Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Waiting for A delivery

You know you've done it. It's the information age. Tracking software allows us to know nearly exactly where in the world our package is, and just about when it's arriving.

So you fiddle about the house or studio, trying to occupy yourself in a vain effort to relieve the anticipation of your new gear.

It's torture, isn't it? Every time you hear a truck outside, or someone's breaks squeak. The dog barks at some unknown phantasm and your ears perk and your heart races as your peek out the window ...

Nothing.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The tracking software says out for delivery. Shouldn't it be here by now? How long does it take to get from there to here. The truck may have had other deliveries. Yeah. That's it. I might be the last delivery of the route. Doh, that means it might now get here until late afternoon. Arrrrrrrggggggg!

Ok, so maybe you're not as obsessive as I am. Or are you?

I really don't know what to put here.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my job I accept deliveries from the overnight carriers. I've discovered that our "standard overnight" delieveries almost always get delivered either first thing in the morning, or within an hour of the deadline. (3:30pm)

But this is a business. If I'm not here, undoubtedly someone else will accept it, so I'm not so obsessive as I was when our computer was shipped, 4 1/2 years ago, direct from HP.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Sylver:

:D A shiney new Power Mac with all the trimmings.

That's funny... I just received a delivery a minute ago (wasn't expecting it). :rolleyes:

I opened the box and it turned out to be a shiney new Power Mac with all the trimmings! :thu::D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :confused:

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

Originally posted by Sylver:

:D A shiney new Power Mac with all the trimmings.

That's funny... I just received a delivery a minute ago (wasn't expecting it). :rolleyes:

I opened the box and it turned out to be a shiney new Power Mac with all the trimmings! :thu::D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :confused:

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

Hey I just got one too! Looks like Apple is handing these G5's out like candy to the ones that don't deserve them :D

Man, i remember buying stuff from Lego when i was a kid in the 1980s. That whole "please wait 4-6 weeks for delivery" was absolute murder to my 10 year old world....

That said, i got a package today from my favourite electronics distributor. Great products, well packaged, clearly marked, inexpensive. :thu:

Average 2 weeks for shipping from Thailand. :eek: And this time there was stuff backordered for 12 days, some parts are *still* backordered and haven't shipped yet.

Anyways... enough "me me me".... congrats Sylver! Give us a review in a couple of weeks.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

OK folks. I doubt we'll be hearing from Sylver for quite some time.

Watcha gonna do wit dat thing, Sylver? Make music?

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

OK folks. I doubt we'll be hearing from Sylver for quite some time.

Watcha gonna do wit dat thing, Sylver? Make music?

No, I had to do my first official post from the Power Mac.

The build quality on this thing is amazing. So far so good, but I really haven't done much so far. Just fired it up!

Ok, now you may not hear from me in a while.

And yessir Tom I will be using it for music. But I will have to give some multi media stuff a go eventually.

See you all in a few days!

:wave::P

Yeah it is torture waiting!

I'm waiting for ProTools M-Powered to get delivered today. I'm the only one here so I can't go anywhere incase I miss the delivery. It's like being grounded in your own home!

Glad you got your new toy(s) Jack! Did the monitors come at the same time?

I got Bruce's book yesterday. I got Rimsky-Korsakov today. I luv giving meself presents from a certain well known online store with a name that sounds like a river in South America. Much more fun than going to the shop and cheaper too.

Originally posted by flyscots:

Yeah it is torture waiting!

I'm waiting for ProTools M-Powered to get delivered today. I'm the only one here so I can't go anywhere incase I miss the delivery. It's like being grounded in your own home!

Glad you got your new toy(s) Jack! Did the monitors come at the same time?

No, no monitors in sight! They are on back order. I might have to go with a different pair. There were several others in the running.

No matter, I have my hands full with DP at the moment. :eek: The Mac and OSX have been a very easy adjustment, the MOTU Traveler is intuitive and sounds great! DP is much less intuitive, but I'm starting to get my legs under me now.

Except that DP isn't seeing my Radium keyboard under USB. I'm not sure if it's me or software, but I'm hoping that a midi cable might fix that right up. If I go right to the Traveler via midi instead of USB, I would think that MOTU DP would have no problem with MOTU Travler midi, so I'm not too concerned.

Well, back to the grind.

Congrats on M-power, btw John! Enjoy!

Well UPS sucks!

The company I bought M-Powered from shipped it out yesterday as promised. UPS 'guaranteed' a next day delivery. So here I am stuck inside all day while I wait, and wait, and nothing. Have to go play football. I come back, still nothing. Tracking number shows that it is "In Transit."

I call UPS, "it will be there by 6pm" Really? It's 5.45pm, are you sure? 7pm, still nothing. I call them back. "Well it's left your local depot, I'll pass your details on to them and they'll call you within 60 minutes. 8.30pm. Still nothing, no phonecall either. I call back. Sorry our offices are now closed. Tracking number still shows "In Transit"

Apparently they don't deliver on Saturdays and Monday is a Bank Hoilday, so that means I have to wait until Tuesday! So much for "next day"

I'm very pissed off. UPS suck. Initial/Citylink and Lynx are much better.

Was it ordered from the U.S.? Customs can be a bitch right now, when it comes to overnight deliveries, even with proper paperwork. :rolleyes:

Sorry about your issues, John.

Cool for you, though, Sylver!

Oh! I see.. that's why you bought the G5! ...Sylver... ...Silver... Hmmmm?!? :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Was it ordered from the U.S.? Customs can be a bitch right now, when it comes to overnight deliveries, even with proper paperwork. :rolleyes:

Sorry about your issues, John.

Cool for you, though, Sylver!

Oh! I see.. that's why you bought the G5! ...Sylver... ...Silver... Hmmmm?!? :D

Oh, that was a nice bonus.

:D

I feel so spoiled.

Archived