Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone Here Using Project5 Version 2?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I love the rgc:audio stuff, and I think it was a major coup for Cakewalk to sign on Rene Ceballos (and probably a good deal for Rene as well), so, yes, I am interested, but, no, haven't tried it yet.

Craig, I'd be interested to hear your take on Dimension.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

Craig, I'd be interested to hear your take on Dimension.

Me too.If it's what everyone's saying I hope they sell it seperately.Not knocking P5 as an app/concept,but it's just not in my interest.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I have P52, but other than the rudementary checking out of the feature set with the demo songs, I have not had the time to delve into it too deeply. I DO, however, think it is a pretty good effort at competing with Live more than, say, Reason, and I have those, too. For the money I have invested in Live, Reason and P5, they are all worth it with each upgrade.

I just have to get into the depth of these software products. It is just like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it, and to date P5 has been the underdog of my arsenal, hopefully to change that soon.

Originally posted by Magpel:

Well, I love the rgc:audio stuff, and I think it was a major coup for Cakewalk to sign on Rene Ceballos (and probably a good deal for Rene as well), so, yes, I am interested, but, no, haven't tried it yet.

:thu::):thu:

I was on the beta team but sadly that came at a bad time. With family sickness, day job and travel I was not able to keep up. During a two week vacation I spent some time testing it, but when I got home it had evolved up 4 versions. Those programmers really spit out the code. I finally gave up and just waited for the final release. For the upgrade price it is a must buy.

Anyway, Dimension sounds great and I really like the layout of vs. 2. That was always my big gripe with version 1 and 1.5. The layout was aggravating and needed at least a 19 screen.

Out of Project 5, Reason, Live, FL, Orion and Kenitic I think version 2 and put Project 5 to the top of the list. JMHO.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I bought P5 vs 1 and was mildly impressed, to be honest. Since then I snagged NI Komplete 2 off eBay for a great price and I most definitely AM impressed. Not a fair comparison, I know. But in terms of budget and bank for buck, all I have to do now is keep Komplete up to date and I'm set probably for life.

So I don't think I'll bother upgrading P5 unless they come up with something that totally burns down the barn...

M Peasley

Originally posted by M Peasley:

I bought P5 vs 1 and was mildly impressed, to be honest. Since then I snagged NI Komplete 2 off eBay for a great price and I most definitely AM impressed. Not a fair comparison, I know. But in terms of budget and bank for buck, all I have to do now is keep Komplete up to date and I'm set probably for life.

So I don't think I'll bother upgrading P5 unless they come up with something that totally burns down the barn...

M Peasley

How do you like the sequencer in Komplete? I've not been very happy with it, or the acid loop implimentation. Arranging patterns is also a bit slow. Otherwise, I like Komplete 2 a lot and I think Komplete Kare was the best purchase I made this year. By the way, what were they going to charge you for the upgrade to Project 5 vx. 2? My upgrade to Komplete 2 and the Komplete Kare for a year cost me around $500-600, if I remember correctly. The project 5 upgrade cost me 79.

Robert

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

How do you like the sequencer in Komplete? I've not been very happy with it, or the acid loop implimentation. Arranging patterns is also a bit slow.
I bought P5 for the rack of instruments and effects, not for the pattern sequencing features, since I already own Sonar and I don't find pattern sequencing very inspiring. A sequencer in Komplete? Whichever program has it, I probably won't use it. Don't use loops much, either, but Intakt might change that - what a slick timesaver that program is!

Yeah, the upgrade to P5 vs2 for prior owners is really cheap and attractive on the basis of cost. Like I said earlier, it's not really a fair comparison to stack up P5 against Komplete. My point in posting was to point up the fact that, as far as serious software instruments/synthesizers and effects go, P5 might disappoint some (like me), whereas Komplete offers so many programs that sound so superior to anything P5 offers, IMHO.

In short, if sound design and/or top notch soft synths and effects are your main concerns, P5 may not be something to turn to. On the other hand, if you want learn how to turn out pattern-sequenced electronica using a single program with a great cost/feature set, then P5 is a worthy choice.

M Peasley

Archived