Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bruce, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is your first "Off Topic" post you have made since you started coming here. Now you are really turning into one of us!! Pretty soon all your posts will be OT and only a few every so often will be music related. Isn't that fantastic?????? :D:D:D

Direct TV/Internet is pretty cool Bruce. But when it rains/snows/gets really cloudy your service may drop out. Maybe my dish is just kinda screwy, or maybe its cuz we live in a valley but it does tend to cut out as soon the rain gets heavy. So maybe that would tick you off if your internet was dropping out. Do you have old copper telephone lines? Sometimes they (service providers) can't guaruntee the speed over the really old lines in the country, so they won't offer DSL at all.

ryst sez--------->Bruce, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is your first "Off Topic" post you have made since you started coming here. Now you are turning into one of us!! Pretty soon all your posts will be OT and only a few every so often will be music related. Isn't that fantastic

Brucie sez--------->So that's what OT means! Now I know! This is fantastic! I want to be one of you! I do, I do, I do!!!!

blackfish sez-------->Direct TV/Internet is pretty cool Bruce. But when it rains/snows/gets really cloudy your service may drop out.

Brucie sez-------->It doesn't snow here! Anything would be better than what we have!

Thanks for your help. You are both Gassers to the Second Level!!!!...

Brucie the Viking!!!!

Originally posted by Bruce Swedien:

ryst sez--------->Bruce, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is your first "Off Topic" post you have made since you started coming here. Now you are turning into one of us!! Pretty soon all your posts will be OT and only a few every so often will be music related. Isn't that fantastic

Brucie sez--------->So that's what OT means! Now I know! This is fantastic! I want to be one of you! I do, I do, I do!!!!

blackfish sez-------->Direct TV/Internet is pretty cool Bruce. But when it rains/snows/gets really cloudy your service may drop out.

Brucie sez-------->It doesn't snow here! Anything would be better than what we have!

Thanks for your help. You are both Gassers to the Second Level!!!!...

Brucie the Viking!!!!

Pretty soon, Brucie will be confessing to us about his drug habits, lack of sleep, problems with women, and reveal to us that he actually produces all the Ashley Simpson music under a different name. I can't wait!!! :D:D:D

25 acres is great, until you want someone to run a utility out to you.

I guess you don't have cable either, huh Uncle Bruce?

The Direct TV/Sat solution might be your best best if you want Broadband internet service.

I really don't know what to put here.

ryst sez--------->Pretty soon, Brucie will be confessing to us about his drug habits, lack of sleep, problems with women, and reveal to us that he actually produces all the Ashley Simpson music under a different name. I can't wait!!!

Brucie sez-------->drug habits - The only drug I take is Anacin.

Brucie sez-------->lack of sleep - I sleep great!

Brucie sez-------->problems with women - Bea and I have been married 52 Years! I'm the biggest problem she has ever had!!!

Brucie sez-------->Who the hell is Ashley Simpson????? (I know who Homer Simpson is.)

I'm so happy!!! I just signed up for Direcway Satellite High-Speed internet Service!!! (I sure wish they would learn how to spell!)

Thanks.....

Bruce Swedien :P:P:P:P:P:P

25 acres ... recording studio ... Hmmmmm.

Bruce, you should start a recording summer camp! Think about it: You build a small cabin on your property with 4-6 rooms and host 1 week recording "bootcamps".

You could probably charge whatever the hell you wanted and still be booked for the next 30 years. You could run sessions whenever you wanted, from a couple of times a year to year round. My god, it would be a money making machine. There would be thousands and thousands of engineers that would jump at a chance just to WATCH you work, but to actually get a week worth of lessons ... Hell, you could probably run a real recording session AND a recording boot camp at the same time and double the income.

If you use this idea, I think I should get a free session or two. :D

You know some day someone is going to realize how smart I am and hire me away from this lame-assed computer job I'm stuck in. :rolleyes:

I really don't know what to put here.

Sprint just sent me a phone bill for 386 bucks. When I bought the place and put the phone in my name, the previous long distance service stayed. Of course since I am the new owner, they reverted back to 40 cents a min and the other plan was at 14 cents a min.

I was misreprsented.

Sprint is history, I am going with 1-800 phone cards from wally world for 5 cents a min. Screw them...and yes, I am pissed as well.

Bill Roberts Precision Mastering

-----------Since 1975-----------

Sylver sez--------->25 acres is great, until you want someone to run a utility out to you. I guess you don't have cable either, huh Uncle Bruce?

The Direct TV/Sat solution might be your best best if you want Broadband internet service.

Brucie sez--------->We have the feeling that we are lucky to have electricity here.

I just signed up for Direcway Satellite High-Speed internet Service!!! I can't wait!

Bruce Swedien

Bruce...the upload of directway is kind of slow but your d loads are typically around 15 times faster than dial-up. It is an improvement... it is just the outbound, is not very fast.

Just wanted you to know.

(Unless they have some new technology, this is how it has been for a little while now)

Bill Roberts Precision Mastering

-----------Since 1975-----------

Originally posted by blackfish:

Direct TV/Internet is pretty cool Bruce. But when it rains/snows/gets really cloudy your service may drop out. Maybe my dish is just kinda screwy, or maybe its cuz we live in a valley.....

Nope! nothing wrong with your dish.... I live about 10 minutes from downtown Dallas, we have Direct TV, when is sunny and beatuiful, but if it rains the service is gone...until it clears :(

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

Originally posted by Bill Roberts:

......I am going with 1-800 phone cards from wally world for 5 cents a min. Screw them...and yes, I am pissed as well.

:D:thu: .

P.S.Bill Check your GMail ;)

Now, I know this won't do some of you any good, but since certain types of people will read this thread (those pissed with their phone service) I would like to make a plug here for Voice over IP.

I signed up with my local cable broadband provider here for internet and Voice Over IP service, and I haven't looked back. I pay a flat $40 a month for the VOIP service, all long distance to the US and Canada included, no hidden charges, never another cent over that amount. It's fantastic. It even works just like an ordinary phone line- same phone jack and everything, caller ID, normal phone number... you would never know the difference.

The coolest thing is that you will only have to deal with one bill for phone, internet, and cable. In my case the end result was simpler and cheaper bills.

----------------------------

Phil Mann

http://www.wideblacksky.com

Originally posted by blackfish:

cool. Thanks Vilo. Guess i'll keep brushing it off when it snows.

Ah, well it is a small price to pay for Simpsons and HBO!

I don't watch too much TV anymore unless is Sports, but when it rains, any window becomes a TV :D , If I want to change the channel, I just go to a different window :D ?

I had a Sprint cellphone for a couple years and it was acceptable. Reception wasn't the best, for sure. But I limped along.

Then, when I was selling my house and getting rid of my landline I tried to do the "number portability" thing... they simply couldn't manage it. Then they overcharged me by $130 and accused me of trying to cheat them (they apologized, finally). Then, they accidentally turned off my phone and even though I spent about 16-18 hours out of a 48 hour period on hold with them or trying to reprogram my phone with them on the line (a hardwire line, of course, since they can't do anything over YOUR cellphone) I finally gave up, went out, bought a T-Mobile phone and had phone service again in a couple hours.

I totally freakin' hate Sprint.

23 cats! Wow, you must be saint to be able to put up with that many felines :D . I have two cats (both indoor) that keep me busier that I would like at times. Both are very needy but lovable animals. At least one wakes me up every night for attention and won't let me go back to sleep until they are happy. It's like having kids I tell you :D .

Dylan sez--------->23 cats! Wow, you must be saint to be able to put up with that many felines . I have two cats (both indoor) that keep me busier that I would like at times. Both are very needy but lovable animals. At least one wakes me up every night for attention and won't let me go back to sleep until they are happy. It's like having kids I tell you .

--------------------

President

Minnie Riperton Mens Club of Falsetto Technique

Brucie sez--------->I'll take cats over kids any time!!!!

Did you know Minnie Ripperton? I recorded her in both Chicago and in Los Angeles. She was wonderful!

We know her husband Dick Rudolph. Great Guy! Dick and I, together with Rod Temperton produced and recorded the music for a couple of movies together.

Bruce Swedien

Brucie sez--------->Did you know Minnie Ripperton? I recorded her in both Chicago and in Los Angeles. She was wonderful!

Dylan sez--------->I love Minnie's music! What a voice! It's a real shame that she had to leave us so early... Some friends and I have been digging on her music at work recently. That's too cool that you had a chance to work with such a huge talent!

I hate SPRINT too, but for reasons other than phone service. They are a HUGE account where I work and they get ACCOMMODATED!!! If they screw up on placing an order for equipment to ship their volumes of mail, then they expect us to take away from OUR operations, AND ALL OF THE OTHER CUSTOMERS THAT WE SUPPLY, to make the difference. I told them ONE TIME that we did not have the extra equipment to fill their request, and they friggin called Headquarters... (It was their error in calculations, although I was very diplomatic and careful not to make it seem like their fault in any way... I simply told them that the volumes were inadequate to fill their order.)

They offer crap for service, but when you are a service provider to them... they demand that you bend over and say how deep!

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Fwiw, i used to work for Sprint LTD.

I could tell some stories ;)

Oh, and from what I can tell, just about every other phone company is about the same.

:thu:

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Hi Bruce,

Yea I was wondering if you were dial up or not.

Glad to see you getting Hi Speed. Now I can send you a big file .. maybe an MP3 :P

My mobile phone is Sprint, I've had it for 5 or 6 yrs. Not too many problems. My Internet is BellSouth DSL .. not too bad either. I was looking toward Sprint for Internet as to get a bundled package deal, but no DSL in Nashville. I think they do have a bundle deal under Earthlink in some area's ???

More later .. lot's of GREAT news.

Russ

I have sprint for land line. They have a monopoly in Jacksonville, NC. They control the show. They charge rediculous fees and are arrogant has hell when you try to call them to correct their errors. If you use another long distance system, they charge a 1c/minute surcharge on top of the long distance co's fee. I am thinking of just using my cell phones and eliminating the land line.

KB Gunn

....government is a necessary evil, but it is dangerous nonetheless ... somewhat like a drug. Just as a drug that in the proper dosage can save your life, an overdose of government can be fatal.

-Neal Boortz

Archived