Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey PC geeks - can't get into BIOS

Hey guys,

I have an older PC (4 years old or so) where I want to change the BIOS settings and it's been ages since I've done it. It's an Award BIOS... but I can't seem to get into it. I thought one accessed it with the key but that doesn't seem to work. The key allows you to choose the boot device... but doesn't seem to allow you to get into the actual settings screen before starting Windows (2K). Any ideas?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some older boards used different keys(rare).Either just bang all of them( :D )or find out the board make/model and go to the site and download the .pdf manual,if they don't have it just google it,it's around somewhere.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Yeah i was going to say:

Old Award == F1

but ya gotchit ;)

then you arrow down 2x, press enter, then select the boot sequence CDROM,HDD,SCSI (varies slightly, depending on version, but it's always some weird combination that you'd never use when the CDROM boot fails anyways). Press ESC, then right arrow key once, then down arrow key twice, and enter. Then it prompts SAVE ALL CHANGES AND EXIT?Y/N.

Open CD Tray, insert FreeBSD 5.4 ISO .

Then Press Y.

Follow the on-screen prompts to increase the joy of said computer :D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by phaeton:

FreeBSD 5.4 ISO .

Then Press Y.

Follow the on-screen prompts to increase the joy of said computer :D

We gotta get together on this. I tried it and had no luck but that was a year or so ago. Maybe it's a bit more friendly???

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived