Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using Digidesign ASIO driver with XP?

Most of my audio apps recognize my AM3 card through the ASIO driver EXCEPT for XP. As it is, my motherboard has no on-board audio and XP won't allow me to select the AM3 card as its system sound device. This is preventing me from even starting some apps like movie-maker. Is this a problem with how the driver was written? In the past, I've used an M-Audio 24/96 card as a system sound device through it's ASIO driver. :confused:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some software will only see the default audio device.You can try and go to start/settings/control panel/sounds&multimedia/Audio and chamge the preffered device.If that doesn't work you can always try removing on board sound in the device manager and then bios.The only problem with that solution is any apps requiring WDM/Wav drivers wont work,but if you don't need them then it's a partial solution.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Windows does not recognize ASIO at the OS level, so apps like Media Player, Movie Maker, etc., will not be able to play audio through your AMIII. I'd personally recommend picking up an el cheapo soundcard for general sound playback and keeping your AMIII strictly for ProTools or any other pro level apps that recognize ASIO drivers.

Originally posted by Dylan:

I'd personally recommend picking up an el cheapo soundcard for general sound playback

he already has on board sound
and keeping your AMIII strictly for ProTools or any other pro level apps that recognize ASIO drivers.
His problem is certain ASIO apps not recognizing the AM111 because it's not the main preffered audio device in Windows,his El-Cheapo on board sound is.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

In the past, I've used an M-Audio 24/96 card as a system sound device through it's ASIO driver.

Are you certain it wasn't a WDM driver on the Audiophile? I'll check on mine, but I don't think that it is the ASIO that is handling the system sounds - I'm pretty sure that is the WDM driver for the Audiophile. It supports both drivers.

Gus would probably know. :idea:

Archived