Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bruce....you need an avatar!!!!!

Bruce, I made a couple avatars for you to use if you want to. There is this one (it's called passive Bruce)....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ryst/untitled.jpg

and then there is this one (Active Bruce) with you holding a shield to defend yourself against bad recordings and mixes.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ryst/untitled-2.jpg

What do ya think? :D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheWewus:

I hate to point this out but Bruce hasn't figured out how to use the quote button yet, how's he going to link to an avatar?

Well, if Craig can teach people how to dance like my avatar, I'm sure he could help Bruce get an avatar on here. Or we could give him specific directions. Just trying to help.

ryst sez--------->Originally posted by TheWewus:

I hate to point this out but Bruce hasn't figured out how to use the quote button yet, how's he going to link to an avatar?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, if Craig can teach people how to dance like my avatar, I'm sure he could help Bruce get an avatar on here. Or we could give him specific directions. Just trying to help.

Brucie sez--------->Ryst - You're a gasser!!!! I'm thinking about it.... And you are very kind!

Don't pay any attention to Wewus! (A real pain-in-the-ass. Thinks he's Hot Shit because he's figured out how to use the quote button.)

Ryst, if you ever want to know what it was like to record Emil Gilels, the famous Russian Concert Pianist, playing the Crtically Acclaimed Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto's, with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, under the baton of Dr. Fritz Reiner, for RCA Victor, Red Seal, please call me!

Bruce Swedien

Well, Bruce, while you're on that topic...let me ask...

Have you ever (probably more early in your career) been faced with recording a critical live performance, and panicked because of the caliber of the people you were recording, and the inability to redo the performance? I would think a live concert like setting would be the biggest nerve-wrecker... What are your methods for getting through that, especially if you felt that you had truly made a mistake or two at the outcome?

And, along that line...would you (at some point) care to share some of your worst "I can't believe I'm still alive after making that blunder" stories...???

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Bruce Swedien:

Don't pay any attention to Wewus! (A real pain-in-the-ass. Thinks he's Hot Shit because he's figured out how to use the quote button.)

HAW!! Take that Steve!

Only been here a short while and already figured out my friend The Wewus.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Brucie sez--------->Ryst - You're a gasser!!!! I'm thinking about it.... And you are very kind!

Ryst, if you ever want to know what it was like to record Emil Gilels, the famous Russian Concert Pianist, playing the Crtically Acclaimed Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto's, with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, under the baton of Dr. Fritz Reiner, for RCA Victor, Red Seal, please call me!

Bruce Swedien

Hey, Bruce! If you want an avatar, I can pm you directions on how to get it working. Just let me know. And thanks for pm'ing me your number! I will most definitly call you and we can talk about Emil Gilels, Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, J-Lo, and all of our other "good friends". :D:cool:

Originally posted by ryst:

Bruce Swedien

Hey, Bruce! If you want an avatar, I can pm you directions on how to get it working. Just let me know. And thanks for pm'ing me your number! I will most definitly call you and we can talk about Emil Gilels, Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, J-Lo, and all of our other "good friends". :D:cool:
No fair, go ahead and post the number Bruce won't mind.

Tedster sez--------->Well, Bruce, while you're on that topic...let me ask...

And, along that line...would you (at some point) care to share some of your worst "I can't believe I'm still alive after making that blunder" stories...???

Brucie sez---------->For those very reasons I have been very careful to almost NEVER do a 'Live' gig!!!!! You notice I say almost....

When my old pal Lena Horne asked me to record her Broadway show, a few years back, what could I say but "Of Course, Lena!"

It was a great experience! Just working with Lena Horne is wonderful.... Just looking at Lena Horne is wonderful!!! i've done many records and Motion Pictures with Lena Horne. All I can say is - WOW!!!!!

Plus - I absolutely HATE surprises, I am a certifiable Control Freak! No LIVE gIgs for Brucie, EVER - PLEASE!!!

Bruce Swedien

Archived