Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis AirFX - Similar Units....

Hey Folks..

Any of use used the Alesis AirFX.??? Think its more geared towards the dance and electronic music genresany experience with it..?? Looking for something that would be easy to use in terms of adding effects to music in the Dance/ Electronic genre.

Pre dominantly to be used live..any other similar units are there in the market..??

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

"Live Jazz friday nights at The Zodiac Bar"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also found the PHLNGR abd SMASHUP....the latter being some sorta preset compressor and the former a FX unit.....any of you folks used these...??

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

I was the first person to use an AirFX in concert, in Zurich, Switzerland. I gotta say the audience FLIPPED OUT!! They couldn't believe that I was waving my hands and making sounds happen. I was mostly using the AirSynth type options, though, triggering sounds more than doing processing.

The hand control thing is very cool, but I think the new Alesis keyboards include an AirFX type controller if you need more.

Originally posted by Anderton:

I was the first person to use an AirFX in concert, in Zurich, Switzerland. I gotta say the audience FLIPPED OUT!! They couldn't believe that I was waving my hands and making sounds happen. I was mostly using the AirSynth type options, though, triggering sounds more than doing processing.

The hand control thing is very cool, but I think the new Alesis keyboards include an AirFX type controller if you need more.

You had it patched through your signal chain...like Laptop outs connected to the AIRFX and an out from the AIRFX goin out to a DI Box..??

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

I was using a mixer onstage for my guitar stuff, and had it plugged into a set of ins. I was using the synth sounds so I didn't have the inputs hooked up except when I was messing around during sound check.

Archived