Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Irvine, Costa Mesa, Laguna Hills rehearsal spots?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the Guitar Center bulletin board in the back (corner of El Toro & Rockfield) -- http://www.guitarcenter.com/locations/store.cfm?store=122

The counter persons would probably know.

Also, check out Jim's Music, in Irvine, off of Culver -- http://www.jimsmusic.com/LOC/loc.html . They have practice rooms. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

No, its Alta Laguna Park in Laguna Beach at the top of a hill there. I was testing out my new Nikon Coolpix 4600 camara last night. It is a great view though for a practice/recording studio.

Check out this Laguna Main Beach sunset pic I took with the dusk scene setting, no flash. Another nice spot, just need to win the Lotto and you're set.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sraymar/Images/Laguna_at_Dusk03.jpg

Steve

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

BTW Steve, pretty cool how with your "evil post" (#666) you showed us something really beautiful... probably unintentional, but I found it cool nonetheless. :cool:

Phil,

You must have missed the memo. The new number of the beast is "616". Thanks for your time. :D

BTW Steve, pretty cool how with your "evil post" (#666) you showed us something really beautiful... probably unintentional, but I found it cool nonetheless. :cool:

I don't know Phil. That's a very red sky he has pictured there. If memory serves me, satan is particular to red.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

For you youngers,

The intersection of El Toro Road and the now 405/5 freeway, (GC's current location) is a toss from what used to be a hog farm.

The O' Niel's (Draft dodgers from the Cival War) home was across the street.

Where the overpass is over the ATSF tracks, was a pool hall, butcher and barber shop from the late 1800's until the 70's.

The area which is called Lake Forest, the trees were planted as a get rich scheme by Whiting and my great granfather, Antone Carle, (AC owned the Pool Hall and ran a still during prohibition.)

They went bust on it, the trees in Lake Forest because the timber from Gum (Eucalyptus) is not sutiable for railroad ties like they envisioned.

Also some of the finest watermelons in the world were cultivated near there.

FWIW, having grown up in the area beofre it became city to city concrete and asphalt from San Clemente to Los Angeles.

There's a cool little park where the Serrano house adobe is with old buildings and a diarama of El Toro before it was mowed into the 20th century.

My relatives are buried in the old cemetary there.

Oh and some of the off duty OC Sheriff guys, would take the train to Fresno, buy flats of raisnes and feed the Carle still business for raisen jack.

FWIW

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

The oldest native skull fragment found in the US was found in Laguna Canyon's wash by Dr. lleaky beofre he ever went to Africa.

It resides in the LAC Museum of Natural History.

That may no longer be the oldest but for many years, it lead at some 9 to 12k years old.

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

Originally posted by The Stranger:

Phil,

You must have missed the memo. The new number of the beast is "616". Thanks for your time. :D

Oh yes, now that you mention it, I DID see that post. :D:o So sorry for my failure to remember. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Alan,

I don't know of any rehersal spots in Irvine. Did Sound Matrix not work out for you?

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

hey ,

no its fine, we never made it to Sound Matrix

the leader lives in SD and we want to meet halfway.... he has a one-month old baby and I'm trying to save him some time by getting more south.

I searched for places in the online yellow pages, and called Guitar Centers down there to see 'where dudes are practicing' and they all drive up to Fountain Valley to Sound Matrix! They all say there's not much in Irvine and south. There's one place called Sound Lab Rehearsal Studios in city of Irvine but they don't return my calls.

I think its going to have to be Sound Matrix

Thanks again

Rivera + Fender Strat

Fountain Valley isn't that much farther...

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Archived