Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

most expensive guitar???

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Web orders only" Har!

I wanted to post a photo of this year's PRS "Dragon" guitar, but Sweetwater's website doesn't seem to have an image available :confused:

It's a gorgeous double-neck, list is "only" $40,000.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by paully:

Rediculous! Any idea what the final tally is on the 007? I couldn't find it. Paul

My friend who gave me the link said it was worth a couple hundred thousand dollars. At least that's what the guy put into it. But don't quote me on that one. However, looking at it and the materials used, I wouldn't doubt it.

Originally posted by Botch.:

"Web orders only" Har!

I wanted to post a photo of this year's PRS "Dragon" guitar, but Sweetwater's website doesn't seem to have an image available :confused:

It's a gorgeous double-neck, list is "only" $40,000.

You mean this one?

http://www.elderly.com/images/new_instruments/30N/DRAG20TH_front.jpg

I hate you, ryst! :mad:

Despite a passion for beautiful instruments, looking at guitars never makes me go off the deep end with GAS. But I started perusing the Grizzly supply "book" and now I have major GAS for all the bits and pieces to complete, fix and accentuate my existing instruments. :freak:

I have a decent classical guitar and my first guitar (also a classical, but a cheap Epi that was already in tatters when I got it to bring to summer camp) both in need of new tuning pegs. As in, they're unusable right now.

I just bought a Fender Bullet Strat (Indonesian build) from Media Play for $69 for my birthday. It actually plays well and sounds decent. But it's strictly pedestrian in dark blue. Of course, with a cream pearlescent pickguard...

My Blueridge acoustic is great, but again, an abolone or quilted maple pickguard would really go nice. Not to mention a set of exotic string retaining pegs...

And there's the old Epi 12 string a co-worker gave me. He'd given it to our shop as a prop because the neck separated from its' heel. I fixed it, but it, too, needs some string pegs.

All told, I'm guessing you've already cost me over $100 in parts. And Grizzly's prices seem very good compared to retail.

Jerk! :mad:

;):D:D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

I hate you, ryst! :mad:

Despite a passion for beautiful instruments, looking at guitars never makes me go off the deep end with GAS. But I started perusing the Grizzly supply "book" and now I have major GAS for all the bits and pieces to complete, fix and accentuate my existing instruments. :freak:

I have a decent classical guitar and my first guitar (also a classical, but a cheap Epi that was already in tatters when I got it to bring to summer camp) both in need of new tuning pegs. As in, they're unusable right now.

I just bought a Fender Bullet Strat (Indonesian build) from Media Play for $69 for my birthday. It actually plays well and sounds decent. But it's strictly pedestrian in dark blue. Of course, with a cream pearlescent pickguard...

My Blueridge acoustic is great, but again, an abolone or quilted maple pickguard would really go nice. Not to mention a set of exotic string retaining pegs...

And there's the old Epi 12 string a co-worker gave me. He'd given it to our shop as a prop because the neck separated from its' heel. I fixed it, but it, too, needs some string pegs.

All told, I'm guessing you've already cost me over $100 in parts. And Grizzly's prices seem very good compared to retail.

Jerk! :mad:

;):D:D

http://n00086.myspace.com/00086/40/67/86337604_l.jpg

:D

That PRS "Dragon" guitar is beautiful!

Here's a question for you guitar aficionado:

Does a guitar with all that inlay actually play and sound well?

Or maybe I should ask, does all that inlay substantially affect play and sound?

I am not with you guys in this one.. I guess I am alone in thinking these guitars are incredibly gaudy. Liberace inspired excess.

Give me a wood grain Les Paul, three color burst Strat, Blonde 335 or a Blonde Tele any day over those overwrought mantle piece guitars.

There is no substitute.

Bah, I want play some serious solo's on this, whilst wearing spandex and performing star jumps :D

http://www.andymanson.co.uk/MermaidPages/photos/frontal.jpg

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

This CF Martin is still available

Only $100,000

:rolleyes:

"Left-handed, no extra charge"

Oh, well THAT's a relief!

And here I am, Lefty playing Righty just so I wouldn't have to pay extra for instruments, and Martin goes and throws it in at no extra charge. Man, I'm there!!! :thu:

:rolleyes:

:D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived