Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone shop online for clothes?

I'm looking for a retailer with a wide variety of styles, from long-sleeve dress shirts to jeans, etc.

I usually prefer shopping in town but I thought I'd peruse online too. Any recommendations?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, not that much. I usually get stuff like Ex Officio (travel and hiking clothing) online at REI or CampMor, but that's about it.

Ah yeah, bluefly.com is where I found those $$$ shirts. But they had a selection of more affordable stuff too.

I really want some buckled Harley-type boots (without the emblem all over). But those are a thing I'd have to try out in person first, and buy online if the price is that much better... chances are with shipping I'm better off buying shoes in town.

Phait -

www.shoebuy.com has over 1000 men's boots to choose from and they carry the entire Harley Davidson line. I've ordered from them many times, always a good thing - no problems. Free return shipping, too, if you don't like what you got.

The last two long sleeve, cotton, black, button-up shirts I bought (I love this kind of shirt with jeans and boots)) were from Target and Old Navy. Cool shirts, and inexpensive.

These shirts I buy from j crew and like a lot, looking good untucked and unironed - little more cash at $50 each. - but no black right now -

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod68015741&catId=cat70930

I like buying shoes and clothes online - you can find stuff you can't get where you live. I could not find the pair of Frye Boots I wanted anywhere in Atlanta (the ones Springsteen has worn for 35 years) but I found them online.

I could not find this leather jacket in Atlanta, either:

http://www.leosleather.com/Templates/frmTemplateP2.asp?CatalogID=124&Zoom=Yes&SubFolderId=21

...but I did buy it online from Leo's leather in Chicago, a great store if you're interested. I love that original Schott Perfecto leather jacket -

Good luck with your search. Have Fun.

If I know I like a certain brand, I will definitely shop online. Of course, I was using mail order catalogues for clothing long before I ever had a computer and online access. I am one woman that HATES going to the shopping malls for hours at a time. :mad: More so than clothing, I'll buy domestic goods such as draperies, bedding, and etc. online as opposed to local retail; I buy better quality merchandise for the same price I'd spend at an outlet store or a clearance rack.

I like quality, but I HATE paying the 100% mark-up prices that the stores include into the price tag. I've also bought electronics from online retailers.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Have you tried Ebay? I know It seems obvious, but my wife who is a chronic clothes shopper swears by it. She gets all excited because she can find designer clothes at retail prices, then gets pissed when I don't care. :D

Together all sing their different songs in union - the Uni-verse.

My Current Project

I haven't because I normally like to feel of the cloth before I buy a shirt. It is hard to tell the weight and quality by a picture. Also, I tend to buy in spurts. Last week I happened upon a good sell at Kohl's and bought 4 shirts and 12 pairs of pants. Last year it was shoes. I went to Florida and came home with 8 pair. Everything from sandals to dress shoes. A few people here probably remember that I went to New York a few years ago and bought over 30 pair of socks while there. Before that it was dress shirts. Dillard's bought out a local chain that I liked and put some things at 75 percent off. I loaded up on dress shirts then. I have not bought dress shirts or socks since, and I went four years without buying shoes before I went on a spree.

I don't know what caused me to shop this way. A few years ago I would try to buy things in complete outfits. One thing I do know, I have to be in a mood to buy clothing, and find something I really like, AND find a good sale.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by deanmass:

Try Red Wing for boot. They have a a real nice Harley look, btu with better soles/insides.

Looked around, they seem to have some other brands that branch off. I saw the buckle boots, but not quite what I'm looking for. I like the strap to have an embroidering/threading along the perimeter instead of just a plain (weak looking) strap.

I did see some actual HD boots of interest though.

Archived