Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Accomodation in Boston

A friend of mine is joining school at Berklee, Berklee College of Music that is, in about 2 weeks. Was wondering if you fellow forumites from the Boston area, could help out with some accomodation tips/ leads.

Needs a place to stay until he finds his bearings around the place and gets up and running.

Hooking him up with some other folks that also have some space going would be of great help....

Thanks in advance.

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

"Live Jazz friday nights at The Zodiac Bar"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

There's really a place called "Marina Beach" in India??? :confused::eek:

Marina Beach is actually the beach in the city where i lived that's called chennai...i stay real near the beach and so kinda go with the Marina Beach thing..

Oh and they say it's the world's second longest stretch of beach after some beach in Mianmi.

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

Originally posted by Quarryking:

Marina Beach is actually the beach in the city where i lived that's called chennai...i stay real near the beach and so kinda go with the Marina Beach thing..

Oh and they say it's the world's second longest stretch of beach after some beach in Mianmi.

Can women wear bikinis over there?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Boston Apartment listings

Boston Hostel

Listings - Boston Hostels

* Note the listing for H.I. Boston at 12 Hemenway Street is walking distance to Berklee.

Boston Phoenix classifieds The Phoenix is a weekly arts paper. Go to the ads page, and select "roommates" for listings of sublets, rooms and apartments to share, etc. Then check out "gigs" ;)

The Boston Hilton has had in the past a weekend package called "Boston for Beans" which included breakfast at Boodles restaurant. It hink it was $99 for 2 people. You had to call them directly for it. It was not listed with the toll free bookings. It is on the same block as Berklee, right around the corner. Great Back Bay location.

KB Gunn

....government is a necessary evil, but it is dangerous nonetheless ... somewhat like a drug. Just as a drug that in the proper dosage can save your life, an overdose of government can be fatal.

-Neal Boortz

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck, son of Peter:

Originally posted by Quarryking:

Can women wear bikinis over there?
Yeah...not too many wear them though...more on the private stretches of beaches...

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

I'm a Berklee grad, '99 if it means anything... Any apartment in the city of Boston is going to be expensive. I lived in total shit holes and was paying $600-800 for my portion of the rent. If you don't have something lined up already then you might have a hard time finding something. Many people commute from surrounding areas as the rent is cheaper the further out you get.

Your average appartment (1 bdrm) is in the $1500 range today. 2-3 bdrm units in ok neighborhoods are well over $2000/month. Boston has one of the highest housing costs in the country, and the 2nd highest cost of living currnet.y second only to San Fransicso.

Allston/Brighton and Arlington/Watertown are good, reasonable places to look, but be wary of slumlords, always get references.

I highly suggest securing before the middle of August, otherwise pickings get slim with over a 1/4 million students coming here every year from out of state.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

If they are physically at Berklee, there should be a bulletin board somewhere with "roommate" ads. Not to mention the neigborhood has New England Conservatory and Boston Conservatory, which should also have similar bulletin boards.

Bulletin boards with actual tacks and index cards, not bulletin boards like this :D

Archived