Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good speaker setup for Mac G5

hey- anyone got a Mac G5? And what are you using for a 3

speaker setup: 2 speakers plus subwoofer?

For all kinds of music, metal, classic rock, Jazz, classical.

Any issues with G5 drivers and your choice of speakers? (or is there even a driver involved)

I'm looking for the best sounding, least complicated setup .

So what are you using?

This is for leisurely listening and not for mixing.

thanks

Rivera + Fender Strat

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you are using speakers that actually integrate a "sound card" via USB, there shouldn't be any driver issues to contend with.

I would tell you exactly what I'm using, except it isn't what you're looking for. :) (Samson Resolv 65a studio monitors).

If you go to NewEgg, you can find an enormous batch of speakers, in all colors, sizes, and configurations. For a balance between ease of use and sound quality, I would probably go with a 2.1 setup (2 mains and a sub.) Brands that I think should be reasonably good are (in no particular order) Creative, Altec Lansing, Logitech, JBL/ Harman Kardon, Klipsch, and M-Audio. Sicuro has some wacky designs that might be interesting, and there are some manufacturers (like DCT) that are dirt cheap, though a little risky (in terms of getting a good unit the first time around.)

Here's my NewEgg search:

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Manufactory=1063&Manufactory=1460&Manufactory=1390&Manufactory=1137&Manufactory=1080&Manufactory=1793&PropertyCodeValue=906%3A8149&Pr opertyCodeValue=906%3A8148&PropertyCodeValue=0&Submit=Property&SubCategory=60

The Logitech X230 looks like a reasonable balance to me. Good hunting!

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

Archived