Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MXL V69 Tube ME

I finally got a chance to try out the mic on a couple of sessions and I have to admit that the Internet chatter on this mic was dead on.

This thing sounded better on vocals (male & female) than any mic I currently own which includes an AT 4050 and a Rode NTK. It literally knocked my socks off when I played back recorded vocals. Clear, smooth, airy, round, just plain sounds good on every vocalist I've thrown at it so far.

Very nice microphone for the $299 price.

Lawrence

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrencef, I've been extremely pleased with all the MXL mics I have or have had.

In the inititial production years there was a bit of a QC problem but it seems as though Marshall Electronics got a hold of that problem pretty quickly and I haven't heard, or read, any real bad reviews though there are a few from a couple of name brand elitists. You can see through their biases in short order.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

The V77S is a very nice mic as well, more neutral than the V69M, I have both and I'm happy with them, though the 69 is a bit more noisy.
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Archived