Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why all the cross posting lately?

It's a free (moderated) forum, but what's with the recent surge in people posting questions across 2 or more of the musicplayer forums? This seems to have picked up a lot in the last two months. Then I see some that even get repeated a few days later in the same forum - new thread. I figure most people read a few forums so they would catch it the first time in an appropriate forum and answer if they wanted to.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What? Are you joking a about the 5 dollar fine? I occasionally cross post, for the same reason that I post the same question to a newsgroup. Because the the different forums are apparantly DIFFERENT right? I mean if they aren't different, then why aren't they all just consolidated. If everybody reads all the forums then maybe we should just consoldiate them into one. I personally don't think everyone reads all the forums, so cross posting reachs different groups of people. I could see if some one was spamming every forum as opposed to what I usually do which is two selected forums. And I personally don't ask the same question twice. If there is no cross posting that is pretty lame. -josh

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b]It's actually a $5.00 fine. We just haven't been enforcing it.[/b][/quote] I keep forwarding mine to Josh... I never done that before...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

I'm not too keen on the multi-post thing, either. If you can't figure out what category you topic goes in... it goes in this one. There have been exceptions, like maybe a bass player trying to figure out how to convert to S/PDIF on his DAW. But, all the cross-posting tells me that people can't handle multiple forums. I'm done with my "BMC" (Bitch, Moan, Complain). I need to get my 8 hours, eat my wheaties in the morning, and do some vocal tracking... after church. Keep the forums clean and the flames to a minimum. I'll enjoy y'all's companies later (:> ;)

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

I would'nt complain about the five dollar fine, it could be worse. The other option is being hung by your toenails and flogged with a wet carp over and over again. ;) The M.P. Gods Demand A Sacrifice!!!!! Iaian

San Andreas,

The hope to save our nation by turning Las Vegas into a seaside community. ;)

boy, sometimes i post things at night that make no sense! sorry about that last one, i think i was making a "cross-[b]dress[/b]er" joke... the cross-posting doesn't bother me much, it's like 2 groups talking about the same topic in different rooms. i usually post in SSS, but if my question/comment is specifically about guitar, keyboard etc then i'll post it in that forum.

Archived