Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Jim Capaldi

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew he was a great drummer, but something in that article caught my eye:

In 1975 he married Brazilian-born Aninha and spent much time with her helping the street children of her native country.

I didn't know that. He obviously had a lot of heart in addition to having a lot of talent. The world needs more people like that.

RIP Jim - and thanks for all you gave us.

In 1975 he married Brazilian-born Aninha and spent much time with her helping the street children of her native country.
Musical talent and accomplishments are nice and all, but his Brazilian efforts helping street children are something to really admire a person for IMO.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I seem to remember him appearing on a benefit album back in the early '70s I had that featured Eric Clapton(bearded, white suit, sunburst les paul), Ron Wood, Pete Townsend(bearded, big blonde jazz guitar), also Jim Keltner on drums(I believe), and possibly Steve Winwood on the B3. It featured a hit called 'Roll It Over'. Anybody?

Steve

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

Originally posted by Raymar:

I seem to remember him appearing on a benefit album back in the early '70s I had that featured Eric Clapton(bearded, white suit, sunburst les paul), Ron Wood, Pete Townsend(bearded, big blonde jazz guitar), also Jim Keltner on drums(I believe), and possibly Steve Winwood on the B3. It featured a hit called 'Roll It Over'. Anybody?

Steve

http://www.p-o.se/bilder9/1973_Rainbow%20Concert1_fram.jpg

Thanks Bob, couldn't remember the name of it but I see it was re-released on CD and I might just have to order it. Haven't heard any of this on Classic Rock radio and it used to get alot of airplay. Another forgotten classic rock moment. When will they ever learn?

Steve

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

Archived