Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just had a nano-NAMM at my house last night.

A pastor from the Southern Tier found me during a search for guitar sites and as he was looking for a new acoustic, he contacted me about my Carvin Cobalt C980. He notified me that he was coming up to see relatives in town here, so would I mind letting him try out mine since they are mail order as he would like to try before he bought anything. I said sure, and he could see my project guitars and stuff too... It was like a micro-NAMM. Everything I had there seemed to pretty much blow him away and as soon as I started laying the Cobalt, he said, "THAT'S the tone I have been looking for!" I let him play it too, of course, and showed him pics of the Giannini repair project and the workshop with all the tonewoods and stuff. Nice time! He called me back after he left to tell me he just ordered the C980, so he's all excited now. I had seen him before at district conferences and stuff for the United Methodist Church and he was always very soft-spoken and laid back. He was pretty giddy on the phone after ordering that C980 though, so it was pretty neat! That was my evening...What about yours? Boggs
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a good evening. I placed three ads on eBay (is it me or does it simply take a long time to put ads in? I know, it's because I keep rewording the ads because I keep leaving out stuff), sauteed some spinach, garlic, onions, and mushrooms, put together some of a photo album I'm working on, read more of this fantastic book called "Bangkok 8" by John Burdett, then hung out and talked to my girlfriend for an hour. Very unNAMMlike. :D

This evening, though, I should be down at the Musicplayer.com dinner in Garden Grove!

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing evening for yourself. Sure wish I were there to catch that dinner because that would mean I would be warm in Anaheim. Don't forget to check into the luthiers' consortium...
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Yeah, very relaxing. It was NICE. I don't get to do that very often. Seems like there's always something to do. I don't know whether I can get into NAMM at this point or not, but I will definitely be there for the dinner. In fact, I'm leaving in a couple of minutes!!!!

Archived