Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great Anderton article in EQ

I suffer mild to moderate geekophobia, and Craig's article about gear getting in the way of creativity hit me right between the eyes, in that space I apparently developed (at an early age) between the right and left brains.

Disclaimer: This thread has been reviewed for both spam and brown-nosing and has been found to contain, well, maybe some.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks! I wondered if anyone "got" that article, or even cared about it. But I think it's an important subject.

The article came about because I gave a talk at the Texas Music Educators conference last February in San Antonio, sponsored by TIME (Technology in Music Education). The talk went over really well, and I thought EQ readers might find the topic interesting. Apparently at least one did!!

posted by Anderton:

Hey thanks! I wondered if anyone "got" that article, or even cared about it. But I think it's an important subject.

The article came about because I gave a talk at the Texas Music Educators conference last February in San Antonio, sponsored by TIME (Technology in Music Education). The talk went over really well, and I thought EQ readers might find the topic interesting. Apparently at least one did!!

Make that two.

Facinating article, and useful, too. I don't know if people appreciate the value of having the awareness of why we interact with the gear the way we naturally seem to.

It's hard perhaps to believe that awareness will make your music better, but I believe it can, because you better understand what makes an optimal creative environment.

Great work, Craig.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Yeti (& others)... Check back here, sometime next month - http://www.eqmag.com/features_more.htm .

The EQ articles are at least a month behind, so you might want to purchase a copy. I don't think the article, "The Art Of Recording Background Vocals," will be posted. It is another good article for microphone placement, by Lynn Fuston.

[Edit] There was a trailing "period" on the URL that kept it from working. Oops!

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

Archived