Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Adobe Priemier Pro-ASIO 2 Compatible ?

I've got SX2 and an RME DIGI 9652 and the Adobe Priemier Pro Try-Out simply will not run on my computer. After the Install, I get an error :

Adobe Priemier Pro could not load any audio drivers. Please Re-Install and Start again. O.K.

Anyone have any ideas ? It's supposed to be ASIO compatible.

eightyeightkeys

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by d-dmusic:

I've got SX2 and an RME DIGI 9652 and the Adobe Priemier Pro Try-Out simply will not run on my computer. After the Install, I get an error :

Adobe Priemier Pro could not load any audio drivers. Please Re-Install and Start again. O.K.

Anyone have any ideas ? It's supposed to be ASIO compatible.

I use Adobe premiere pro with an asio card and I have no problems whatsoever.

Have you tried to contact Adobe helpdesk or an adobe usersforum?

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Hi Boosh :

I contacted Adobe Tech support but they said that they don't support the "Try-out" versions.

The Adobe user forum is for registered users only. At least the one that I visited. Looks like I'm stymied.

I installed it and un-installed it twice and both times I got the same error message :

"Run Time Error ! Program C/ yadda yadda Adobe Premier Pro, abnormal program termination."

followed by :

"Adobe Priemier Pro could not load any audio drivers. Please re-install and start again."

Boosh, which audio card do you have ?

eightyeightkeys

I contacted Adobe Tech support but they said that they don't support the "Try-out" versions.

The Adobe user forum is for registered users only.

Man, that's really bad business practice, IMO. I personally wouldn't support a company that wouldn't at least try to steer you in the right direction. All they would have to say is something like "Thanks for trying our demo. Unfortunatley, ASIO is not supported with this version. Please shell out $400 for the full version if you want ASIO. Oh yeah, and BTW, our software is not returnable :rolleyes::D ."

Hi Boosh :

The Adobe user forum is for registered users only. At least the one that I visited. Looks like I'm stymied.

I installed it and un-installed it twice and both times I got the same error message :

"Run Time Error ! Program C/ yadda yadda Adobe Premier Pro, abnormal program termination."

followed by :

"Adobe Priemier Pro could not load any audio drivers. Please re-install and start again."

Dang I knew you were gonna ask that,...well allright pros onhere cover your ears and eyes,....shhtt!! I'm using a Creative Audigy 2ZS

Which serves me extremely well!!

Latency is set to 2ms and it never stutters,...I can use 20 audiotracks and a dozen of plugins without anything crashing or crackling.

Hope someone can help you with your problem man. Untill now I never had problems like that. You could also check the website of your audiocard manufacturor,..maybe there's something on their messageboard.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Man, that's really bad business practice, IMO........... Please shell out $400 for the full version if you want ASIO. Oh yeah, and BTW, our software is not returnable :rolleyes::D ."
Yeah, the only thing is that it's about $900 CDN ! :eek:

AND, if you do purchase it from a retailer instead of directly from Adobe, you cannot return it at all. This is straight from Adobe tech-support.

eightyeightkeys

Premier Pro's fine with ASIO. Including the tryouts which is what I first used before buying PP a year or so ago. Try the tryout on a different pc or maybe reinstall the program.

As far as the Adobe forums, it costs nothing to register and it takes all of one minute. The only thing I notice about Adobe forums is they get a trillion posts a minute so you don't always get an answer.

Premier Pro 1.5 and the one that was out just before it (7 ?) do utilize asio or the incoming video/audio source (I use advc 300). There are a couple of screens for setting the source for incoming or playback. I'm constantly having to go to the preferences to tell the program to switch between the Layla asios and the Canopus box, depending on how I need to be monitoring from the program.

I don't remember exactly which preferences screen it is, but try project preferences first ...somewhere or other in there, there are audio tabs where you can switch.

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

Was in town today and PremierePro was 419.- swiss francs which is 446.- CDN.[/QB]

In order to get the 30 day money back guarantee you must purchase it direct from Adobe. If you purchase from a retailer and it does not work with your audio card you are stuck with it ! Again, this is directly from Tech-Support at Adobe.

http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?navAction=jump&id=catPremiere

The cost is $699 USD which equals $843 CDN today. This does not include shipping, duties and taxes plus broker's fees, if any. There usually is and it can be quite high.

Anyway, besides this, thanks to spokenward for the lead to the forum. It turns out that there is a known issue-a "bug"-with RME cards.

The work around is to enable on-board audio and select the on board audio driver.

Then open Adobe Priemier "Pro" and select the RME driver.

The catch is that when you shut down you have to go through these hoops again, as I understand it.

To hell with it. I'll try Liquid Edition.

eightyeightkeys

followed by :

This is precisely the kind of stuff I feared when I heard Adobe had bought them out.

Adobe has a bad rep for customer relations and service, at least among the pre-press crowd I hang out with. If it wasn't for Photoshop they'd have sold off Acrobat in desperation and eventually rolled over and died long ago, seems to me.

Archived