Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Fishing the Florida inland waterways?

Odd topic I'm sure.

My parents just bought a place in Edgewater Florida. They want fishing poles for Christmas they can use to fish the inland waterways.. I understand these are salt water and as such, have bigger salt water fish?

I/we grew up on a freshwater lake in upstate NY, bass, pike, perch.. Is there a special kind of fishing pole I should get? I can't really find any relevant info on the 'net about specific pole recommendations.

Happy Holidays!

-Paul

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it would depend on what you are fiching for. you probably want to get a xcouple poles that are surf fishing poles. They will probably just be fishing for snook, redfish, snappers and the like. Nonew of which get much more than 20-30lbs tops! But there are tarpon in those waters, which can get up to near 60 lbs. in that depth. So what ever you get just make sure it has alot of line on it!

Thanks!

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

Thanks!

Archived