Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free Holiday CD Download

Guys,

FREE Garritan Personal Orchestra HOLIDAY CD -Now Available!

A site with the GPO Holiday CD is up. You can download the individual MP3's, a zip containing them all, the cover art and cd label from here.

http://www.gpo-uploads.com/Holiday%20Index.htm

The Garritan Personal Orchestra Holiday CD was a collaborative effort of the GPO community and was put together in the spirit of giving for the holiday. The holiday CD was done by members of all skill levels. It is not a contest or competition, nor done for comparison or critique, just a way for members to give back to their online communities.

Thanks to everyone that contributed. The collection is awesome. And a special thanks to Daniel Kury (DPDan) for all his magnificent work mastering the files.

Just a nice way to spread the holiday cheer. We've had 5,500+ songs downloaded so far, and we've got plenty of bandwidth to go so download and enjoy!

Moderators - if this post is in the wrong place or outside the realm of acceptable posts, please feel free to move it or delete it as you wish.

What can the harvest hope for if not the care of the reaper man. ~ Terry Pratchett

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Joseph Burrell:

...Moderators - if this post is in the wrong place or outside the realm of acceptable posts, please feel free to move it or delete it as you wish.

You see? Some people have some respect and understand this may not be the place for such a post. And for a free download. Kudos to you, JB!

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Okay, it's from someone with only one post, and it's promoting something. BUT not everything that looks like spam is spam. And yes, recognizing that some people abuse this resource, and that you don't want to fall in the same category, shows a basic concern for protocol -- which is really all we ask for anyway.

So, go ahead and spread some holiday cheer! Besides, I think GPO rocks, and the online community that's developed around it is way cool.

Guys,

I cannot deny that this post can certainly be perceived as part advertisement and anytime you speak of a product you are affiliated with it can be construed as such, and rightly so since the content merits it. However, the purpose here is to reach our community and we have a very diverse and wide spread community and we wish to see to it that each of our users has an opportunity to share in this gift of free holiday music. I appreciate that you all understand that and that with this CD we may bring a little holiday cheer into your lives as well. Thanks for the opportunity to share this gift from our community to yours. We wish you all a great holiday season!

What can the harvest hope for if not the care of the reaper man. ~ Terry Pratchett

WOW! Good spam for a change, from someone savvy enough, and humble enough to post the realization that the thread may be construed as spam.

Welcome Joseph Burrell. I hope you stick around and contribute more to this fantastic forum.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Well, now that I'm here and I see how nice this place is I plan on contributing as much as I can. Seems like a lively place and you guys have a great sense of humor which is definitely a plus. :thu:

Joseph,

Nice to see you here!!! :cool:

I had actually linked the GPO Holiday CD site (with permission from Gary) over to the Keyboard Corner Forum a week ago and the post sank like a brick. :D

I admit I was too afraid to post a link here coz forum members don't take anything that resembles spam very lightly. ;) And since I myself had contributed a track for the CD, you know what I mean.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope to see you here more often.

Frank (BSNY)

<>

Ah, but that's exactly the point! SSS has real experts, epicureans who recognize the true, unadulterated taste of spam. After sampling the post and emailing in their findings, the spam-o-meter -- which is kept in SSS national headquarters, next to the Bureau of Weights and Measurements -- failed to register. Therefore, the Committee Representing Anti-Promotional Spam (C.R.A.P.S.) recommended that the post be allowed to stand...so it was. At SSS, we know the difference between real spam and a public service message -- just ask Chuck Surack :):):)

Yeah, this is totally cool and not spam at all. I'm D/ling it now and can't wait to hear it!

Thanks Joseph.

Oh, and Chuck and Sweetwater rock too. You gotta like any company that sends you candy with every order!

I really don't know what to put here.

Hey Frank!!! I didn't know you hung out here. I'm glad I joined up. Awesome. I'm glad everyone is cool with the CD. Yes, Frank's track is great. Hey, Frank, I haven't forgotten about the CD label and back cover I owe you, but I've been busy with another downloadable album.

Archived