Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Compressor for bass? Need recommendations!

Hello! I am looking for a great compressor for bass. I'm looking for one which will keep that bass steady and full. You know the sound...that bass is just always there, big and full and solid as a rock. What do you guys think? I normally use a black face 1176LN, but I'm not blown away by that... Suggestions? Thanks in advance...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Nika: [b] http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001237.html Crossposting in non-urgent issues is generally not appreciated on these forums. Nika.[/b][/quote] Hey Nika, Looks like perhaps you made a mistake here. This post is not the same as the link you provided and isn't even from the same person. [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

[quote]Originally posted by Jason Poff: [b]If the 1176 isn't cutting it the problem may not be the compressor. Jason[/b][/quote] I've got to agree with this one. The 1176 is always my 1st choice.

[quote]Originally posted by Bonafide: [b] Hey Nika, Looks like perhaps you made a mistake here. This post is not the same as the link you provided and isn't even from the same person. [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif[/img] [/b][/quote] Bonafide, Johnnyvn posted his same posted to almost every forum here (some even twice). I was merely pointing him to a topic that was still up at the top of the page that specifically addressed bass signal paths. I was not alluding that it was the same thread, but hoping to point him at some viable help. Thanx, though, Nika.

Nika, Being somewhat new to these groups, I was assuming (perhaps wrongfully so) that the readers might only frequent one or two groups that interest them the most...I check the GM group more than the others for some reason, but perhaps more people check out many of the groups quite often...but, what I was hoping for was a wide variety of opinions (which I seem to be getting). But I will keep that in check in future posts and I certainly didn't mean to post it anywhere twice. If I did, that was a real mistake on my part! Sorry... Thanks guys for the helpful posts already!

[quote]Originally posted by Nika: [b] Bonafide, Johnnyvn posted his same posted to almost every forum here (some even twice). I was merely pointing him to a topic that was still up at the top of the page that specifically addressed bass signal paths. I was not alluding that it was the same thread, but hoping to point him at some viable help. Thanx, though, Nika. [/b][/quote] Hey Nika, Sorry about that.. I did just notice this exact post by Johnnyvn on George Massenburgs forum AND on the Roger's page as well as this. I had just followed your link. Hey Johnnyvn, many users post and visit all of the Forums. If you don't find what you are after in a one (Which is unlikely) then try your post in another. I would say that this Forum (Craig Anderton S and S) get the most traffic. Also, it usually pay's off to be patient after you post.

Archived