Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I really miss my grandmom tonight

She died in about '94, give or take a year...

She was such a sweet woman, and sharp as a tack...

Well, tonight I used her old electric blanket, which I have never really used myself or had a working control unit for, as a blanket to line my outdoor kitty house for my 4 or 5 cats...

I bet she would smile to know that :cry:

I also used a 100 watt light bulb, a cardboard box, and some other old blankets... my kitty cats seem pretty aprreciative tonight, bless their hearts...

We always had cats when I was growing up. Grandmom used to call them "kittum cattums"

I guess she must have majored in Latin or something :confused:

Well, it is supposed to go down to about thirty four degrees tonight here in the Gainesville, florida area...

I wouldn't want my little "posse" to freeze to death! :eek:

I'm sure my beloved old grandmom would approve :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very sweet story indeed. One thing to make sure of so not to endanger your little kittums or yourself; if there is any danger of precipitation or even heavy dew, make absolute certain that your plugs are not exposed to the moisture. Electrical current will grab hold of water and use it as a conductor to light up anything it touches.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

:) ...sniff...

This is the time of year when we really go back to those who have gone before...ghosts of Christmases past.

We're decorating the tree. Putting up ornaments made by little kids so many years ago.

Man, there's some great fingerpicking on the radio right now..."Jingle Bell Jamboree"...sounds like it could be Keb Mo. :thu:

It's a good thing. My goal would be to be the kind of grandpa that my grandkids will miss when I'm gone. If I can do that...my life will have been a success.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Ani:

Very sweet story indeed. One thing to make sure of so not to endanger your little kittums or yourself; if there is any danger of precipitation or even heavy dew, make absolute certain that your plugs are not exposed to the moisture. Electrical current will grab hold of water and use it as a conductor to light up anything it touches.

Thanks, Ani :)

The wiring is all pretty much on the porch, protected from the elements...

and nobody is scratching at my door to get in right now :D so i assume the kittum cattums are snug and happy :)

Originally posted by bearded yeti:

Originally posted by Ani:

Electrical current will grab hold of water and use it as a conductor to light up anything it touches.

This is not entirely true.

Pure water (distilled) is not a conductor. It is when the water contains diluted electrolytes that allow it to act as a conductor.

Rain water ain't distilled.

On top of that, once you pour distilled water onto a plug and cord it will pick up contaminants from the surface and damned well conduct electricity unless said cord has never been used, exposed to the atmosphere and is still sterile.

You don't believe it, try it. You may well be shocked at the results.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived