Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free song hosting for Mac users...

From MacCentral.com:

http://www.macjams.com/

"Looking for a place to let others listen to your GarageBand creations? MacJams.com on Friday announced that its service can be used to host unlimited numbers of songs for all musicians who use Macs in their composition. Using MacJams.com hosting, you can upload original creations so that others can listen to them.

Songs uploaded to the service must meet specific terms and conditions, and the content is made available using a Creative Commons license, which means that others can listen, use and distribute the songs under certain conditions. Musicians can also upload album art, lyrics, description and other information for each composition. MacJams.com already features about 7,000 registered users and close to 4,000 original compositions. Terms, conditions and license information are available from the Web site."

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the tip! :thu:

I see that part of the agreement states that the materials uploaded will fall under the Creative Commons license - I don't have a problem with that, I'm actually very interested in it (The current issue of Wired has some very interesting interviews on the subject, as well as a free CD of tunes released under CC), but I suggest that everyone check into that for themselves before jumping in.

Archived