Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anyone here had any experience with a....

whisperroom or similar isolation booth? i record peoples vocals in my apartment complex and was wondering if this would be enough to keep the levels down and how loud a singer could sing in one without passing to the next room or floor. anyone know?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've worked with them, and they should be quite fine for what you're doing. Kinda wish I had one, myself, but I've managed to make do with room treatments and timing the work to the outside activities.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

I stood inside a few different brands at last year's AES. They all dropped the ambient noise at least 60dB (maybe more). This is enough to remove that annoying sub-frequency stuff that gets in below 40Hz and causes your larger woofers to bounce around. ANd, it will help keep your neighbors happier. I wish I had room for one of those rooms! A regular house does have its acoustic problems to work around. For now, I use Cool Edit Pro's feature where it lets you sample an ambient portion of the track and subtract it from the mix. Not the ultimate solution.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

• 2 months later...

Archived