Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any way to make VST plug-ins work with Pro Tools LE?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to be the one to break it to you, Dennis, but I don't think that this is possible. One option would be to use the Digi hardware inside a VST compatible program like Cubase or Logic so you could use VST plug-ins. Otherwise, you'll have to deal with Digi's compatibility limitations if you decide to work inside the ProTools environment.

yea and from the sounds of it you don't have cubase. you are left with few alternitives. I will explain the legal one. take all the tracks you want to play with vst effects on and save them as waves. get the demo version of cubase from steinberg.net set it all up. prosess all you track in cubase then inport them back to PT. reverbs and suck you mind as well do the reverb at 100% and give your self a "reverb only" track in PT. this is easyer done then said, becase the demo will not save (export) your audio (cause it a demo version) so what you have to is play the cbase stuff, and record in another program, ugly but works. sorry buts thats all I can think of. .. maybe we can take a step back and solve your prob another way, what plugins do you wish to use, or did you just want to know if you could?

Hello all and thanks for your thoughts.... Dylan, Hmmm... how would I get Cubase VST to recognize the DAE engine and Digi001 hardware? I also have Metro 4.? and I think it can use VST plugs. I guess I could bounce from PTLE to an AIFF, then import into Cubase or Metro to use the effects...                 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ knemrava, Yes... I do have Cubase VST - but I am primarily trying to simply things... staying in PTLE would be nice. I have a bunch of VST plugs beyond what came with VST.. So yes, it is a matter of just wondering if I could, but also I think I could really use them in PTLE... soapbox , Thanks for the tip. I travelled to the site for Cycling74 and saw a reference that Pluggo3 will support RTAS. Looks like it might work well for my needs. Alndln, Thanks! I will go to Digi's sight and check it out. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- One more question for you folks. I am using Unity DS-1 on the mac, and I really liked the Bruford drum loops. Could you recommend a good source for similar kinds of things in a blues, jazz or rock genre. The Bruford loops included basic beats and turnarounds, then individual high hat or ride cymbal loops so I could cut and past them.... sooooo much nicer than midi triggered samples.... a very live feel. If you cannot tell, I am new at this, and your advice is very much appreciated. Thanks Dennis

Archived