Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

recording (studio)headphones

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b] Any real favs or suggestions.[/b][/quote] UP THERE? WEAR EARMUFFS! I kinda like the AKG K55's I have. There are lots of them out there that are better but for a very reasonable price the K55's work well. You will still want to use monitors.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Headphones I use often: Beyer DT 150 (My #1 favorite for tracking, updatet version of DT100). Sony 7506 (Not bad at all, foldable - great for field work also). Expensive to repair. AKG 240 (needs a powerful amp to drive them, comfy, open back type, smoooooth, great for QC-listening). High on my list of things to purchase: A pair of Sennheiser 600's /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

The DT100's have excellent isolation. While the sound is probably far from clinically correct I love it. I also love the detachable cord, I've had too many pair of headphones go down just because the cord got cut or something.

Right on! Thanks everyone. I'll look into the ones mentioned. [quote]Originally posted by daklander: [b] UP THERE? WEAR EARMUFFS! [/b][/quote] Well you see this is the thing, i'm not really looking for good isolation, but how else was i supposed to say i'm looking for warmth in a set of studio headphones. You're soo on to me! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived