Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sorry Craig, Ashlee's thread's too long

I attempted to post a reply on the "It pays to be real" thread, but couldn't. And I don't want to come in after EIGHT PAGES!!

Anyway, a spokesman blamed it on "acid reflux".

:rolleyes:

As for "It pays to be real"?

Not in all cases. :(

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much love to you guys, this is only an observation: isn't it telling that an Ashlee Simpson thread gets 8 pages of replies in 3 days and when I asked in a thread, "How to write a better melody?" it got little play? Ah, maybe I'm just jealous. :D

By the way, I saw the SNL "event" tonight and well, it was a fiasco. But really, I didn't think it was a big deal. Who cares?

By the way #2, did anyone notice how KILLER the guy's guitar sounded even though the performance was spinning beyond anyone's control? The guitar had a terrific, milky distorted sound. Have a listen if you get a chance.

I didn't go to the How To Write A Better Melody seminar. I just try to be melodic. These days I play mostly fretless 5 and 6 string basses. That gives me a lot of chance to be lyrical in my approach. I've got the grab bag they call theory behind me when I need it, but mostly, I just try to sing through the instrument.

That makes just about anything sound profound and moving.

Originally posted by LanceMourn:

By the way #2, did anyone notice how KILLER the guy's guitar sounded even though the performance was spinning beyond anyone's control? The guitar had a terrific, milky distorted sound. Have a listen if you get a chance.

A buddy and I were saying the same thing, whatta rig. anyone no what gear he had?
There is no substitute.

Originally posted by LanceMourn:

By the way, I saw the SNL "event" tonight and well, it was a fiasco. But really, I didn't think it was a big deal. Who cares?

Nobody cares.

By the way, did anyone notice how KILLER the guy's guitar sounded... The guitar had a terrific, milky distorted sound. Have a listen if you get a chance.

Yeah, the band sounded great, and if Simpson had any experience she wouldve rolled with it just like the band was about to do.[/QB]

Originally posted by AgentCooper:

I didn't go to the How To Write A Better Melody seminar. I just try to be melodic. These days I play mostly fretless 5 and 6 string basses. That gives me a lot of chance to be lyrical in my approach.

Oh no! and Ah ha! A lead Bass player :mad: I knew if I waited long enough, you'd expose your hole card. And fretless at that ugh!

Sly :cool:
Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Archived