Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lee Flier UK Trip Update?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACK, sorry John I thought I'd notified all you UK'ers but I guess I missed one. :( No, we had to cancel our trip... well, for several reasons really but the last straw was when our drummer couldn't get his passport in time. Seems the passport office wouldn't accept the copy of his birth certificate that he gave them... and they didn't tell him this when he applied, they notified him by mail almost two months later. :mad: So he went to the county registrar where he was born to get a new copy, and apparently, post 9/11 they've gotten very strict about checking for fraud... people getting other people's birth certificates, etc. So they do this whole clearance search before issuing copies and it can take up to four months. :eek: Not altogether a bad thing I suppose that they've gotten stricter about fraud, but not so good for us getting out of the country any time soon. :(

So, we're disappointed but at the same time, there were seemed to be a lot of other things going on that were telling us it just wasn't the right time to go. And, we're working on a new record which we're very excited about, so we're hoping that we can get over there next year and have another record out by then.

But thanks so much to all who offered their help - and to any musicians in the U.S. who are thinking of touring abroad and don't have a passport, don't plan your trip until you have it in hand! They SAY it will take no more than six weeks (or two if you pay an extra fee) but that presumes all your documentation is in order... which they may not tell you at the time you apply. :mad: This kind of thing has happened to a couple of other people I know too.

Archived