Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Do you remember this computer video game?

The year was, oh, 1991'ish.. We had a NEC 286+, 12mhz computer with a 20MB hard-drive.. We had this game that was really addicting, I was thinking about it the other day, couldn't remember the name, was hoping to find it. The game was doing Brain Surgery.. You'd have to diagnose the person based on symptoms, and then plan/prep and perform the surgery, doing MRI's and cat scans, down to injections, anesthesia, cutting, cauterizing, monitoring vitals, everything.. the graphics were pretty good for the time..

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

-paul

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beats me, but it sounds interesting.
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I can see the box art in my mind...it was a patient's eye view of a bunch of masked surgeons.

I'll try to find it...although I think I found it as exciting as watching paint dry...if I want to look into a brain, I blow it out of someone's head with a plasma gun. :D

"For instance" is not proof.

Ahha!

"Life and Death 2: The Brain" by Software Toolworks

"Arguable the best doctor games ever produced for the PC (well, Theme Hospital comes close, but that is more of a management game), Life & Death 1 and 2 put you in the role of surgeon who specializes in digestive systems in the first game, and brain surgery in the second. Diagnose patients correctly and perform increasingly difficult more advanced procedures to get promoted. The games are much celebrated for their strong emphasis on realism (not surprisingly, since their designer is a real doctor). The games also boast high educational value as well, since every time you make mistakes you'll be sent to a classroom to learn what you did wrong. And yes, there IS an end to each of these games-- it just takes a lot of patience, dozens of successful surgeries, and steady hands :) Thumbs up!"

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Heh, I remember that game from years ago. Never had it, but was interested.

Theme Hospital was a trip! People would come in with weird symptomps like "bloated head syndrome". The management/building was fun but did get tedious.

Originally posted by Phait:

Heh, I remember that game from years ago. Never had it, but was interested.

Theme Hospital was a trip! People would come in with weird symptomps like "bloated head syndrome". The management/building was fun but did get tedious.

Liar!! you're fifteen man.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

"You'd have to diagnose the person based on symptoms, and then plan/prep and perform the surgery, doing MRI's and cat scans, down to injections, anesthesia, cutting, cauterizing, monitoring vitals, everything.. "

pshaw...I do alla that just sitting at a table on the patio at any one of my local pubs.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Archived