Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone like ACID 3.?? Am I missing something??

I'm not trying to start 5hit, but I've been using ACID since v.1, I was blown away by it. Upgraded to V.2 then downgraded to ACID 3 I hate Version 3 Am I missing something?. It came with some nice loops and all, I don't regret buying it for that reason. But I uninstalled it and went back to v2. Here are my reasons- 1. ACID 2 was much faster, simpler, and did exactly what it was supposed to do- and did it very well. 2. ACID 2 gets the correct tempo and one shot hits right every time. I've got custom made ACID files that are ripped from AKAI or Audio cds- TerminalHead, Xtortion, Distorted Reality, etc. that dont sometimes read corretly in ACID 3 3. That beatmapper thing never quite worked well for me. I had to remix some tunes for my wife's aerobic class.In ACID 2 I manually lined up the beats using a RADS loop- Kick on 1&3 snare on 2& 4. Whatever got off beat a little bit I disabled snap to(F8) and sliced it and manually lined it up again. Have you ever heard 'Hit me Baby" at 127bpm??(from 89bpm), ACID 2 worked perfectly. 4. ACID 2 worked great for lining up vocals. Import the .wavs into ACID Line em up using a kick snare loop And start slicing em up making sure the line up with the beat and each other. Export them using the export function. (keep the bpm the same) Back import the edited .wavs back int the sequencer. ACID 3 wants to beatmap long wav files- a major headache. 5. ACID 3's tempo of a loop doesnt match the tempo of Logic. I imported a 95 bpm loop into Acid from Logic and it read it as a 101 bpm loop!!. I know sequencers and audio program's vary a little bit in terms of bpms. But this is unacceptable. I did the same thing in ACID 2. It read it as a 95 bpm loop- Focking brilliant!! 6.ACID 3 contacts Sonic Foundry every time you start the program. So if you're on a LAN, have cable or DSL, Sonic Foundry knows how often you use the program. What they know?- I have no idea, and I'm not going to speculate. The only way to prevent this from happening is with a firewall(www.sygate.com free Win98,Me,2K does not do XP) Thats my list of gripes for the program, I dont want to sound like a whiny bitch, But I'm hoping That some of you say I'm on glue, I'm high, or I dont know what I'm talking about. Then give me reasons on why ACID 3 kicks ass over their previous versions.Am I missing something? Maybe I'm wrong Maybe Sonic Foundry will be there this year at NAMM too

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beatmapper works fine a friend has released record after record from working with synths into ACID2, but his output has become incredible since 3 came out beatmapper is a charm. seeing as we both write dnb we love it. thats all i use acid for. i won a copy, and i dont need to use a *warez* of recycle for my sampler cause acid3 does the beatmapper fine, and i hate warez also, midi implementation is great my guess is you havent taken to time to get REALLY comfortable in it. those changes can throw you for a bit but trust me, you will love it. as for the contacting the company thing, just search the net for a "solution" i always either block or remove such 'spyware' or else crack it's functionality right off of there no qualms about breaking the user agreement on that issue anyway, i havent read about this function so i wont take your word for it. acid 3.0 is not bad in my opinion, made me wish i didnt buy sonar (haha for HALF A SECOND)

Archived