Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IK iGrand vs iGrand CS (iOS) ?

Just installed and tried iGrand CS, apparantly it was updated some weeks ago, right away after a couple of minutes test I bagged the starter pack (23€), decent standard stuff, I just need it for practice so will be great, it has a built-in metronome as well, excellent! 

Then I saw that there's another version, without the CS suffix, which I assume is the actual pack I grabbed in the end, but as its own product, or? Confusing!

Anyone have a clue?

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I bought iGrand Piano for iPad a decade ago and it's nice that IK have just done an update after an eight year hiatus, albeit with minimal fixes. Based on my experience with other Italian Kafka products, I'm pretty sure CS (which I always read as Confusing S**t ) is identical to the regular version once you buy the Upgrade to Full Version IAP.

• Haha 1

Kurzweil PC4, Expressive E Osmose, UNO Synth Pro, Hammond B-3X on iPad, Rhodes Mark II Stage 73, ART 710-A MK4s

18 minutes ago, Jwave said:

I bought iGrand Piano for iPad a decade ago and it's nice that IK have just done an update after an eight year hiatus, albeit with minimal fixes. Based on my experience with other Italian Kafka products, I'm pretty sure CS (which I always read as Confusing S**t ) is identical to the regular version once you buy the Upgrade to Full Version IAP.

Yeah it seems to be like that indeed!

Though the standalone is flawed, every now and then I get weird "robot" noises when I play, sounds like sample rate conversion that is not keeping up the speed. Opened the plugin in AUM instead, problem gone, I would imagine it could have something to do with sample rate. It should not be about buffer size, I run it on an iPad Air M1, there is enough juice to run loads of shit at the same time in that machine...

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I definitely like these sounds, very raw, natural, without any polish to talk about, the upright pianos feels very authentic and sweet!

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

This product is flawed, having a lot of trouble with weird noise in the stand alone, not loading correctly in AUM after having saved and restarted a setup, etc. And overall the gain staging is effed.

Refund requested and I went with Korg Module + the Essentials Pack instead. Works perfectly, sounds great!

Pity!

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -