Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tembro an Open Source software ROMpler

Screenshotfrom2024-06-1917-32-51.thumb.png.5ca3d6813498883811cfb99a31041713.png

Developments aren't always grand and ostentatious and sometimes that's a good thing. Tembro (and some other project names in a language I don't speak) is  a software ROMpler with provided library of sound which is always the same, except it can expand with time. I used the Linux version, took some time to compile. I believe there might be other (and pre-compiled, my Fedora 39 is usually ahead and therefor not everything has been ported) OSes available. It's not a great perfection in every way, though t might have been better if I'd read the manual more for finding out what midi and sound connections it takes as the main sound path for a multi-timbral setut, but it runs on the 12th gen I7 (fast) notebook and has no problems keeping up with fast an many notes it seems from playing the screen keyboard or the Yamaha CP4 keyboard connected via a Usb port and the "jack"-Midi logic.

I haven't found out if the accuracy of the midi and the sound is sample for sample, but jack sound is in general (except for errors, which usually are reported. I did connect the 16 layer 3d  octave (IIRC) piano with some resonance and hammer samples to my linux special sound path, made for three synthesizer programs to become acoustically and sample reconstruction-wise better and better adapted to my sound taste, and strangely enough that leads to interesting, warm sound. I've reported on the neural modelling Marshal amp simulation, the multiple dynamics/eq paths and the special allpass filter based and discrete room sound simulation based reverbs.

It's clearly not perfectly smoothly adjusted, but this I think is a type of piano sound nobody gets through digital signal paths:
   https://www.theover.org/Keybdmg/Marshall/tebromog19.mp3 4MB stereo 320kb/s 1min48s 44.1 (converted from 96kS/s 24 bit)

T

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Theo Verelst said:

this I think is a type of piano sound nobody gets through digital signal paths:

And yet it's gone through a digital signal path. What do you hear that's different, and how do you think they have achieved it?

Cheers, Mike.