Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: UEFA EURO 2024

The European Championship started yesterday, host country Germany predictably crushed underdog Scotland 5-1. Today Spain beat Croatia 3-0, Switzerland beat Hungary 3-1, and Italy beat Albania 2-1.

Tomorrow my beloved team Orange will play Poland. I'm not really up to speed anymore with how the team has been doing, a lot of new players I don't know. But it doesn't matter, it was 36 years ago in Germany that we won our first and only cup, I was only a kid then but I'll never forget the wave of euphoria that swept over the country. Let's do it again this year!

HUP HOLLAND!

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Our lousy team 🇸🇪 didn't make it (to nobody's surprise), so I will wait until the group plays are done before diving into it.

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Not up to date with Football, but I do remember the past glory days of the Netherlands with Van Basten and Gulllit.

I usually watch England, France, and Germany. Great start for Germany, playing home.

Not sure if the English National team is in form these days, but my favourite League team in the League is Liverpool ;)

Kurzweil K2500XS + KDFX, Roland: JX-3P, JX-8P, Korg: Polysix, DW-8000, Alesis Micron, DIY Analogue Modular

13 minutes ago, Biggles said:

England 1 Serbia 0

A tough match, England best in first half and Serbia best in the second.

England never do things the easy way.

Yeah, they got a little lucky there. If Serbia had a world-class striker it would have been a different game

• Like 1

Yeah, that was terrible, but weirdly karmic. First he totally dove to draw the yellow for Laimer, grabbing his face like it was badly hurt, and moments later it happens for real. Scary stuff.

He's probably the best striker in the world right now, so if he has to sit out the next game(s) it will be a relief for team Orange!

Still, the French team has so much depth and talent they should be able to compensate for his absence somehow. I have no illusions about our chances, but I hope our team will give them a hell of a fight!

Turkey-Georgia, that last goal is every goalkeeper’s worst nightmare!

Tough match for the Dutch, at one point I felt Lady Luck favored us and was hopeful for a win, but alas. Xavi Simons scored a beautiful goal, but alas.

All in all, I guess we should be happy with a point against a team like France, but I can’t help but feel that maybe we could have pushed for victory today.

I think it was even tougher for the French, seeing the squandered killer opportunity to score in the first half...

• Like 1

Kurzweil K2500XS + KDFX, Roland: JX-3P, JX-8P, Korg: Polysix, DW-8000, Alesis Micron, DIY Analogue Modular

2 hours ago, zephonic said:

Tough match for the Dutch ...

well, the Oranje are currently leading Group D.  Tuesday's game against Austria is now the focus, Austria looked excellent today against Poland. 

:nopity:

24 minutes ago, Doerfler said:

well, the Oranje are currently leading Group D.  Tuesday's game against Austria is now the focus, Austria looked excellent today against Poland. 

No doubt! They actually looked pretty good against France, too. Their team spirit is strong, more so than us, I'd say. But I think today's match may give Oranje a mental lift.

On 6/22/2024 at 12:13 PM, mobi said:

The two best teams so far are Germany and Spain, the rest play in a rather dull way.

The Swiss would probably disagree with you.

• Like 1

Col

4 minutes ago, Biggles said:

The Swiss would probably disagree with you.

Germany was already classified, so even losing this match they go to next round,

The Euro really begins in the quarterfinals, where whoever loses goes back home 

pff, what a disaster…

We went from zero own goals ever to two in one game. 

Austria deserved the win, they played their hearts out today and excellent team spirit and discipline.