Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Multipreset Download for Studio One 6 to 12 String Real-Time Converter

Fun stuff! Something new to try. I'm using Waveform PRO, version 12.something, lots of modulation plugins of all sorts in my accumulation. To the right of the plugin list is an area where one can create their own folders and put a copy of the plugin in there, that can save time when you want Pitch (folder) and/or Modulation (another folder). 

I haven't used Studio One but I imagine it has similar features. 

I'm certain you've thought of this but if we are using plugins for the octaves we could go ahead and add those upper octaves to the 1st and 2nd string as well for a different sound quality. We don't do that on a real 12 string because physical strings simple can't be tuned that high without breaking (especially the first string!).

Going for upper octaves on all strings may lack authenticity but it could still be fun and sound cool. Given that the chorus effect is intentionally subtle, one could also use a rotary speaker, flanger plugin or "Pitch Drift (Baby Audio plugin)" for different tones. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

4 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

I'm certain you've thought of this but if we are using plugins for the octaves we could go ahead and add those upper octaves to the 1st and 2nd string as well for a different sound quality.

Yes, I've played around with that. It has a sort of "harpsichord" vibe, but sometimes it's a little overbearing for guitar :( 

I've even messed around with a virtual 18-string guitar, with octave-lower and octave-higher strings. It's not real useful, but it's fun :)

• Like 2