Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Primrose Hill

2 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

Please tell me they are starting a band with Zach Starkey and Dani Harrison…

Sounds good as long as Yoko doesn't decide to step in and take the mic...

On 4/18/2024 at 2:40 PM, ElmerJFudd said:

Primrose Hill · James McCartney Primrose Hill ℗ 2024 James McCartney Released on: 2024-04-12 Composer, Writer: James McCartney Composer, Writer: Sean Ono Lennon

Someone needs to send Rick Beato this song, so he can make another episode complaining about the world coming to an end coz no one noticed that E note at 0:06 being out of tune.

1 hour ago, AROIOS said:

Someone needs to send Rick Beato this song, so he can make another episode complaining about the world coming to an end coz over no one noticed that E note at 0:06 being out of tune.

I did notice the sloppy tuning on this record and was surprised by it.  And then I thought, well you know - it’s almost refreshing given how locked into the North/South East/West grid everything is.  😉

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

1 hour ago, ElmerJFudd said:

I did notice the sloppy tuning on this record and was surprised by it.  And then I thought, well you know - it’s almost refreshing given how locked into the North/South East/West grid everything is.  😉

Yes, a lot of our perception and judgement towards these frequency "deviations" are more results of "nurture" than "nature". My subconscious cringes every time it hear folks playing Blues notes on Classical pieces, despite my prefrontal cortex knowing perfectly well that there's nothing inherently wrong with that approach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AROIOS said:

Someone needs to send Rick Beato this song, so he can make another episode complaining about the world coming to an end coz no one noticed that E note at 0:06 being out of tune.

To me it's clearly intentional for aesthetic reasons.  Not unlike torn jeans and patina added to reproductions.

• Like 2

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

21 hours ago, jazzpiano88 said:

To me it's clearly intentional for aesthetic reasons.  Not unlike torn jeans and patina added to reproductions.

It's all good until they move from zippers back to buttons. That shit is easily the dumbest "retro" fetish. No one's gonna lift my zipper flap and applause my great taste on those "vintage" buttons!

10 minutes ago, AROIOS said:

It's all good until they move from zippers back to buttons. That shit is easily the dumbest "retro" fetish. No one's gonna lift my zipper flap and applause my great taste on those "vintage" buttons!

Tell them the buttons are superficial - it's what's on the inside that counts...

Cheers, Mike.

• Haha 1