Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Sounding Amateur, Working Fast, and 14 Century Harmony

Warning no keyboard content, it shouldn't matter but in case it might.    

GREAT IMO interview with Joe Gore talking about recording with on of my heros  Tom Waits and how he gets great musicians to sound amateur and works fast in the studio some very cool insight.     The starting about the 28 minute mark in the video they take an off ramp into harmony, Joe who have a classical background gets into how he view the tonality and relating it to 14 century music. 

I started watching this interview and thought I'd just check out a bit and leave, but it held me spellbound till the end.  Part of what got me is over my years playing two the funkiest writers I got to play with later on it came out they had Phd in classical music.   Made me remember my young days and music school they would tell us.... If you're auditioning for Rock, Funk, or Pop gigs never mention your music education, it will immediately be two strikes against you.  People think if you studied music you can't Rock or get Funky don't say anything until after you have the gig and been working.   

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic