Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

udio.com - everyone just go write your album in 3 mins

https://www.udio.com/

About

Udio builds AI tools to enable the next generation of music creators. We believe AI has the potential to expand musical horizons and enable anyone to create extraordinary music.

udio.com allows users to create music from simple text prompts by specifying topics, genres, and other descriptors which are then transformed into professional quality tracks.

As an organization, we are deeply committed to empowering artists and work alongside some of the most brilliant and creative artists in the music industry. Founded by a group of leading AI researchers and technologists, the Udio team built its technologies with guidance from many of the most forward-thinking and creative musicians alive today.

Udio is supported by a16z, will.i.am, Common, Tay Keith, Steve Stoute’s UnitedMasters, Mike Krieger (co-founder and CTO of instagram), Kevin Wall, the a16z Cultural Leadership Fund, and Oriol Vinyals (colead of Gemini), among many others.

With Udio, anyone with a tune, some lyrics, or a funny idea can now express themselves in music.”

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

https://www.udio.com/

Udio builds AI tools to enable the next generation of music creators. We believe AI has the potential to expand musical horizons and enable anyone to create extraordinary music.

"Anyone" and "extraordinary" are contradictions in terms. One side or the other will be ascendant. The various examples on the site are pretty slick, but the mechanism seems like exactly that: mechanical. Its a next-step issue to me, because I'm insta-bored when one of the legions of, say, Push users pushes Play and grins as 4/4 YAWN punctuated by stabs issues forth. I can't hear much of the PERSON in it.

I'm not anti-automation; I'm anti-LAZY automation. One example of what works, in my mind, is someone using that as a base and playing 'live' over it. I always seem to build a pattern or enhance a nice synth loop with things that are pretty clearly hand-rendered, or so I like to think, anyway. Gawd knows I'm one who saw Pink Floyd live and was awestruck by the immensity of it all, but I was similarly wowed by Leo Kottke, holding the crowd in his hands with just a 12-string and a chorus pedal. 

I'm all for AI if it enhances what you do, but not if it encourages you to be more creatively lazy. Udio is probably good for producers on a deadline and not so much for composers who labor over each note. It seems wise to accept the potential trap it can become.

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

Fast food culture permeates everything. Fast food has the look and feel of food, very little nutritional value, can be mass-produced, and keeps hunger at bay. That's good enough for many people, and we're talking about food - an essential part of staying alive, and having good health. So they're not going to object to fast music.

1 hour ago, Anderton said:

Fast food culture permeates everything. Fast food has the look and feel of food, very little nutritional value, can be mass-produced, and keeps hunger at bay. That's good enough for many people, and we're talking about food - an essential part of staying alive, and having good health. So they're not going to object to fast music.

All too true. Well, that's it. I'm now pro-nuke. I'll build my own. Sure hope my Kickstarter works. 🥳

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"