Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spotify’s phony war on bots

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Everybody who frequents this site should watch this video. At 2X, it takes less than 10 minutes.

Anything that's online can be manipulated...like video streaming services too, which promise the world, remove content, end ownership of physical media, and then raise prices. 

I think its a matter of demanding lowered expectations until the idea of the artist making even a little extra cash becomes laughable. The last few safe places are those like Bandcamp, who (the last time I checked) take a simple percentage after X number of sales. Otherwise, if you are an independent, its quite reasonable to see Spotify and similar such "services" as being out to rape you with knives. Nature points out the folly of Man, Godzilla.

Its an interesting sociological curve. An astounding new idea appears, has a shakedown cruise that secures its appeal and then an equity fund group or conglomerate turns it into toxic waste. I find it magical that I can listen to music or buy a Memorymoog with a few clicks. I just wish I could get that corporate, crank-fueled Doberman's teeth out of my arse. C'mon, that's the cheek where my wallet is! 

Sorry to be so curmudgeonly. Do I look inflamed to you? 🤨:taz:

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"