Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bjooks announces The Minimoog Book – Livestream April 12

Hello oh my brothers,

As some of you might know and perhaps even care about, after well over a year of work, Bjooks has finally announced our latest title:

The Minimoog Book

The Synthesizer That Changed Music Forever: Sounds, Stories, and Technology

This book is a big damn deal for us at Bjooks. Nearly 400 pages as of now, and here are some highlights:

The author, JoE Silva (no, he doesn't pronounce it "Joey" – long story), has been gathering interviews and material for it for well over a decade, and has unpublished interviews with folks we've lost in the meantime. We have over 70 pieces on artists ranging from Mother Mallard on the Model A to some of the really new artists out there right now.

We also interview surviving (and in one case recently deceased) Moog technicians and engineers, setting the record straight on a lot of the crap circulating around the Internet that is supposedly "well researched" (usually meaning "I saw this in someone else's YouTube"). 

We took a lot of photos and sourced many more from the past 50 years: pictures of Minis, artists playing them, detailed internal electronics, and more. We have SYNTH GEMS-quality photos (I can say that – it's the same photographer!) of the very first Model D ever shipped, Serial #1001, which is on display at a keyboard museum in Austria (I believe Kim Bjørn, our Publisher, actually got to play it). We have detailed pictures of Moogs at EMEAPP, including the Models A, B, and C, several beautiful Model Ds (and some that are beat up by some pretty famous people), and a Model E. (Model E, you say? Yeah... read the book)

If you love the Mini, you'll want this book for sure. For the first time since 2019, we are doing a Kickstarter to fund it, and in preparation for when the campaign opens later in April, we are doing a big livestream interview on YouTube tomorrow. I hope that some of you will find the time to join us, even though it's in the middle of the day here in the US (PSN is UK-based and it's a "Friday night after work" thing).

The livestream lasts 2 hours and we will be on for a good chunk of that – the rest of the time will be devoted to PSN's usual commentary on synth news of the past week, including the AstroLab (which one of the hosts has had for several weeks already). It starts at 7 PM UK time, which I believe is 8 PM in Europe, 2 PM on the East Coast, and 11 AM on the West Coast.

Here's the link to the YouTube Livestream on Pro Synth Network. If you aren't familiar with PSN, you need to be!

To learn more about The Minimoog Book and to sign up for email notification of the Kickstarter launch, please visit the Bjooks website.

Thanks so much for your attention and support – this book nearly killed us (as usual), and boy was it worth it (as usual).

mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

• 2 weeks later...

We're funded in under 3 hours, but we are really hoping to get the word out farther. Please tell your friends, colleagues... hell, tell your enemies, if you think they'd buy the book just to piss you off!

thanxmuchly

mike

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music