Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is Copilot (Chat GPT) Sucking Up to Me? Or What?

So...while in Microsoft's Copilot, as background for an article I wanted to refer to a blog post I'd written about doing envelope-controlled flanging with Melodyne. I searched on "anderton flanging melodyne" and it came up with...

Craig Anderton, a renowned music producer and writer, has uncovered a hidden gem within Melodyne Essential—an envelope-controlled flanger that adds a unique touch to your audio. Unlike the typical “whoosh-whoosh-whoosh” LFO-driven flanging, this technique follows the amplitude envelope of the track being flanged. The result? A captivating and dynamic flanging effect that can enhance both drums and program material.

And now, the moment of truth! Listen to the audio example provided by Craig Anderton himself.

Wow. The only text it grabbed from my post was “...whoosh-whoosh-whoosh” LFO-driven flanging, this technique follows the amplitude envelope of the track being flanged." The rest is Chat GPT's...uh...opinion? How does it feel justified in saying the flanging effect is "captivating and dynamic"? Why did it decide that I had "uncovered a hidden gem"? Or that it adds a "unique touch" to your audio?

Granted, I agree with all those assessments :) , but those are not words I used in the blog post!! It came up with those judgements by...well, I don't know. Maybe it searched for any other reference to using Melodyne for envelope flanging, and decided it was unique. But nowhere does my post say that I provided the audio example. In fact, it was credited to Chad Schoonmaker, who used to work at PreSonus and uploaded it to SoundCloud. Did it recognize my musical style? WTF?

• Confused 1

There was once either a red pill or a blue one. Now, there's also this horrific new PURPLE one. 😬

NormalWay.png

• Haha 1

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"