Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil K250 restoration and community?

I’m trying to get a big picture as to whatever community might be out there devoted to keeping the Kurzweil K250 up and running. A friend is working on a “restomod” project, part of which is a board that would make all sounds and sample data available at once. among other improvements.

• Like 1

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

I believe there are a few forum members with a K250...I am digging deep in the crevices of my brain to remember. I think maybe The Real MC and @Marzzz might have one or have had one. Those are off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Stephen Fortner said:

A friend is working on a “restomod” project, part of which is a board that would make all sounds and sample data available at once. among other improvements.

Can you explain what it means to have all sample data available at once?

I have the rack version of the K250.

6 hours ago, eric said:

I believe there are a few forum members with a K250...I am digging deep in the crevices of my brain to remember. I think maybe The Real MC and @Marzzz might have one or have had one. Those are off the top of my head.

Never owned a K250

• Like 1

Some good info here. A decent summary of the K250 sounds appears around 2/3 of the page.

Still have my K1000PX with extra soundblocks A and B installed (which makes it identical to a K1200). Missing in the K1200 but that also exist in the K250 are the sounds in the SX, HX and GX modules.

The KurzweilK250 email list group is still active over at Groups.io (we migrated from Yahoo a few years ago). 

https://groups.io/g/KurzweilK250/

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

7 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

The KurzweilK250 email list group is still active over at Groups.io (we migrated from Yahoo a few years ago). 

https://groups.io/g/KurzweilK250/

I've been browsing some of those groups.  The spammers had been ruining the Yahoo groups and Yahoo went way overboard with the ads.  Nice to see that doesn't happen in groups.io

• Like 1