Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Labor Day Bargains?

Woohoo, I got mine!

I went to our local Guitar Center for their Labor Day sale, I've been wanting a replacement mandolin for years now. I was hoping they'd have their Kentucky brand ($559) on sale for $450 or so. They didn't even have any Kentucky's in stock!

Then I saw it. They had a Fender F-style mandolin, MSRP $800-something, Guitar Center price normally $579, one left, only $349!! Woohoo, I now have a mandolin again, the only instrument I play that I can curl up with in the recliner and play along with the radio on.

This sweetie has inlaid purfling, pearl knobs, gold hardware, really nice!

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/510447.jpg

Anyone else get a good deal this year? :)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great deal on that Mandolin. They play pretty nice. Show us some pics.

Not really a great deal, but I finally picked up a wireless card for my DAW so I can access some of the files on this computer. I got a 10% off chit from Best Buy in the mail and they also had a ten buck rebate going so I used it.

I probably should have gone with a Linksys or Airlink wireless router instead of the D-Link router. All the periferal cards are less expensive with the other units.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Let's see. Today, at my local GC, I walked out with:

3 Plugsound software sound modules, $9.99 each.

1 Reason Refill, $9.99

Adrenalinn I, $120.00

And I would've bought this Gretsch Electromatic mini humbucker thing for $99.00, but I couldn't get it to tune up.

There was also an untouched V-Synth for 1000.00, but my wife would kill me if I got a second one (she thinks they're ugly).

"For instance" is not proof.

Archived