Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Questionable dealer on Reverb.

I found this Thorpyfx Tacit Blue Fuzz from a dealer in Sweden new for $93. with free shipping. The dealer joined in 2024 and has no reviews. I went to the Thorpyfx website and and that pedal is $322. I looked at other Thorpyfx pedals on Reverb and found none under $300. Sadly I will not be adding this to my board. Doing a deeper dive, his site shows no listings or feedback. Basically its a blank site.rkx8q4ruhyscchblroda.thumb.jpg.91b5c82e2b11478f241dd8715e2601b4.jpgihn4zqwbrta8jekwntr8.thumb.jpg.9793f0bd4cbcd6a6d409c976c9c1d364.jpg

Jennifer S.

There is no way they're offering a new Thorpy pedal for less than it would have cost them at dealer/wholesale prices.

My FLUMS has had a few Thorpy pedals over time, and even used, they sell for around $200US.

• Like 3

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Not saying someone would fake something like that pedal....but when I was looking at used guitars it came to my notice that fake pickups and other gear are 1) easily available on sites like Ali express and 2)getting really hard to tell apart from the real deal.  So a good deal on a guitar with upgraded Duncans (which can run $200 each) might actually have $20 pickups in it.

It's one reason I buy from GC used, the main one being a 45 day return window  I bought a guitar, looked great but my luthier-ish friend found a few issues with it that I didn't notice.  He also took a peek at the pickups to make sure they were the  American-made burstbuckers the guitar was supposed to have :)   Anyway, back the guitar went to my local store.  I was a bit peeved that GC now won't give you back shipping even if the item had issues, but I was only out $23 and didn't have to ship it back.   (I ended up getting a new PRS on sale from Sweetwater and it's fantastic!)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Winston Psmith said:

FWIW, just now looking for Thorpy Tacit Blue on Reverb, that listing isn't showing up.

Yep, it's gone. Maybe Reverb took it down. I don't believe it ever had an add to cart option. 

I'm staying with my local music store and online stores I know, SW, zzounds, GC, MF, and Sam Ash. I can usually find something there at a fair price.

• Like 2

Jennifer S.