Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Beautifully Strange World of Outsider Music

This one should creep you out in an interesting manner. It makes me feel a little better about my own musical missteps. They did leave out one valuable contributor: Wild Man Fischer. A beautiful freak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVks07UgVQQ

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

10 out of 10 for originality!  The musical content IMHO?  ummm....yep.

To be fair, music as a creative art has no boundaries, and the use of sound to create association with feelings or memories is very strong, so this makes outsider music entirely valid:)

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

1 hour ago, David Emm said:

This one should creep you out in an interesting manner. It makes me feel a little better about my own musical missteps. They did leave out one valuable contributor: Wild Man Fischer. A beautiful freak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVks07UgVQQ

I remember Wild Man Fischer well from my days of hanging out on Sunset Blvd at night when not working.   I believe name was Larry Fischer and he would tell people he'd make up song for them and sing it for a dollar.  In the morning a favorite spot for him was outside UCLA at the bus stop.   Catch Wild Man at UCLA he would make up a song for you for a quarter.      Most the time Wild Man sang one of his song like Merry Go Round that ended up on his album that Frank Zappa produced.    I met a guy on Sunset who was hanging out for awhile who worked as a bouncer at some of the clubs, interesting guy always full of crazy stories of things that went on at the clubs.   One day we go to get a burger at the Eating Affair (called the Slop Affair in one Love's tunes) and he tells me Wild Man Fischer is his brother.   Wild Man shows up and joins us for awhile they were talking about some family stuff then Wild Man left.   So I start talking to him about his brother Wild Man he said Wild Man actually makes quite a bit of money singing his songs for people.   That Wild Man has a really nice car and will park a couple blocks from wherever he's going to sings for money so people think he just a street person.  Wild Man Fischer wasn't as wild as people thought he was.   Hanging out in Hollywood and during the day at UCLA campus where a lot of the Hollywood crowd would be during the day was a great time of the 60's.    

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Docbop said:

I remember Wild Man Fischer well from my days of hanging out on Sunset Blvd at night when not working.   I believe name was Larry Fischer and he would tell people he'd make up song for them and sing it for a dollar.  In the morning a favorite spot for him was outside UCLA at the bus stop.   Catch Wild Man at UCLA he would make up a song for you for a quarter.      Most the time Wild Man sang one of his song like Merry Go Round that ended up on his album that Frank Zappa produced.    I met a guy on Sunset who was hanging out for awhile who worked as a bouncer at some of the clubs, interesting guy always full of crazy stories of things that went on at the clubs.   One day we go to get a burger at the Eating Affair (called the Slop Affair in one Love's tunes) and he tells me Wild Man Fischer is his brother.   Wild Man shows up and joins us for awhile they were talking about some family stuff then Wild Man left.   So I start talking to him about his brother Wild Man he said Wild Man actually makes quite a bit of money singing his songs for people.   That Wild Man has a really nice car and will park a couple blocks from wherever he's going to sings for money so people think he just a street person.  Wild Man Fischer wasn't as wild as people thought he was.   Hanging out in Hollywood and during the day at UCLA campus where a lot of the Hollywood crowd would be during the day was a great time of the 60's.    

Great LA story!!