Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I scored my UAD-2 Octo PCIe …

I said to myself, if one went on sale, I’d add it to my PC (I presently have a Duo). Well, select sites are selling them for $699 and I took the leap. I install it tomorrow. I’m going to keep my Duo to have ten active chips.

Good times …

Todd

• Like 2

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Pretty maids, all in a row …

I installed it today along with my Duo, and all ten chips are singing now. I had ten instances of the Lexicon 480L going without issue. Not that I would run ten instances, but that’s as hungry a plugin as they come and this will give me tremendous flexibility. I could see running four or five instances of the AMS RMX, as that unit does some amazing things. 

UA also includes this awesome, bound, printed catalog of all their hardware and software. They know how to cater to GAS.

Todd

IMG_8595.jpeg

• Like 1

Sundown

Nice! Investing in the UAD platform, back in the UAD-1 days, is the thing that gave me mixes that finally sounded "professional" in the box. I still use them all the time.

Great thing about the PCIe cards, you can put them in a Thunderbolt PCIe enclosure and they will work great! I have an Octo Thunderbolt Satellite, and a PCIe box containing my 2 older Quad cards, and they all nwork together flawlessly! I was amazed when I first plugged these all in and they just worked with no tweaking.

• Like 1

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I won’t kid you, for having a 12-year-old PC, it’s a sweet setup … I can run a lot of CPU-hungry plugins without consequence.

And with ASIO-Guard and the native conversions, even an old Core i7 does very well. 

I plan to get a new PC in 2025 (Audio PC Labs Rok Box MCx), but this small investment has allowed me to use some CPU-intensive reverbs for very little cash.

Todd

Sundown