Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Update on Behringer JTs

Behringer confirms that the synth will be a 16-voice version of the analogue synth and that it will be called JT-16.

"we kindly ask for your patience, but we assure you that this beauty will come to fruition."

spacer.png

"While we’re currently working on a full key version of the Jupiter, here is a new prototype in a smaller and more affordable Eurorack package. It features an authentic Jupiter voice based on the same VCOs and VCFs, plus an autotune and arpeggiator function."

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I’m in the ACB > ZenCore camp (based on what I’m hearing out of Roland Cloud) and was considering a System-8 for a time.

This will probably be priced less than a System 8, and it has more polyphony. (Of course, I realize that their manufacturing costs are likely completely different.)

I wouldn’t want a Jupiter 8 repro but for sure I’d want a Roland System 16 that let you choose from different oscillator, filter, and envelope models.

Oh well. Roland is aiming elsewhere, and this feels like just another option in a sea of options.

• Like 1
I make software noises.

My feelings about this one are somewhat different than  - say  - the UB-Xa. Roland is a fairly large corporation with access to cost effective overseas manufacturing. And they have been given every chance to do it themselves. But their attitude has always been "Oh you don't want that anymore."

Well for those of us who want to just tweak and play analog without breaking a sweat, yeah... we kinda do. 

I'm unsure if that's me at this point in my life, but the door is open. 

I'd be more impressed if they gave their new synths an original name and maybe at least tweak some features.   In plugin-land, Diva is an example.   I didn't really care for the Deep Mind's sound, but at least it wasn't a complete copy of something right down to the button colors.  Ugh.  I'm sure they've done their marketing and figure something original wouldn't sell.