Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Grand 2

8 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

Nord has never used a Korg action, but people do sometimes confuse the homonym nomenclature... Kawai's action in question is RHIII whereas Korg has an action called RH3.

I do that all the time. 

• Like 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

2 hours ago, CHarrell said:

That'd be hilarious if Nord starting sourcing Korg for keyboards, especially its NH or whatever action. Then you'd really know how much the Swedish know how to game the profit margins!

You may be interested to learn that in Japan, Nord instruments were once distributed by Korg (until October 2016).  This contract was then taken over by Yamaha, which remained the Japan distributor until October 2023. Today, Nord instruments are distributed throughout Japan by Kyoritsu group: https://kyoritsu-group.com/news/48055

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

21 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

Nord has never used a Korg action, but people do sometimes confuse the homonym nomenclature... Kawai's action in question is RHIII whereas Korg has an action called RH3.

12 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

I do that all the time. 

"Homonym Nomenclature Confusion" - isn't that an only-released-in-Japan Zappa/Mothers of Invention B-side? 

Cheers, Mike.

• Haha 2

On 1/26/2024 at 5:12 PM, ElmerJFudd said:

Jesus Molina in the NG2

That is a gorgeous piano sound being made by Sr. Molina and all 17 of the fingers on his right hand.

• Haha 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com