Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

King Of Tone! .

Sorry OT: I was thinking of Free The Tone and thought you were posting about Matt Schofeld, (at least pre-Covid on his SVL guitars. I am not a fan of the Fender Strat he is using currently. It seems to color his signature Two Rock even though John Mayer plays a Strat through his own signature Two Rock. However I think Mayer's Strat tone sounds smaller and toy-like for lack of a better way to describe it.).

So Surfergirl this pedal gets along with the amp you use?

• Like 2

Both pedals have two cases of VD, but the clone has two toggle switches that hopefully do something, while the real one has one toggle switch.  And the clone has a stippled finish on the top of the pedal chassis, while the real one has a smooth finish.

• Like 2
I rock; therefore, I am.

23 hours ago, surfergirl said:

...I'm considering a King Of Tone [clone] for $70, about $600 less than the real deal.

And you can get the 'clone' ('King of Clone'?) NOW, as opposed to a years long waiting list for "the real deal" KoT...

13 hours ago, Sharkman said:

Both pedals have two cases of VD...

😳 :confused:

Uhmn, apparently I'm missing something here, missed the memo, wasn't at the meeting... ? Please expound and explain... ?

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

1 hour ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Uhmn, apparently I'm missing something here, missed the memo, wasn't at the meeting... ? Please expound and explain... ?

Regarding both having two cases of VD, they both also have two cases of Tone.

Just in case you really don't see it, the top knobs are V D  and  V D.

The bottom knobs are Tone and Tone.

The pedal is "TWO overdrive pedals in one box."

This info applies to the real one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

The temptation has passed. I don't need anymore pedals, and if I did it wouldn't be another gain pedal. I'm more in a saving mode now. 

Saving mode can feel good but the rate is increasing at which prices are going up so things are more expensive month by month and it takes a lot more when you do spend. Consequently, the good feeling comes more from knowing you might have or would have spent instead of seeing a nest egg grow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

The temptation has passed. I don't need anymore pedals, and if I did it wouldn't be another gain pedal. I'm more in a saving mode now. 

:cool: 

Just what overdrive and distortion pedals do you already have, Jenny? (Forgive my being forgetful.) I've enjoyed occasionally stacking/combining such pedals to get one, two, and three sounds from them. (And then there are fuzz and octave-fuzz pedals to throw into that, as well... ) I bet you can get a LOT of what the KoT has to offer with what you've already got underfoot.

1 hour ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Regarding both having two cases of VD... Just in case you really don't see it, the top knobs are V D  and  V D.

D' oh! I didn't, thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 hour ago, o0Ampy0o said:

THAT, I DID know. But thanks.

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

5 hours ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Just what overdrive and distortion pedals do you already have, Jenny? (Forgive my being forgetful.) I've enjoyed occasionally stacking/combining such pedals to get one, two, and three sounds from them. (And then there are fuzz and octave-fuzz pedals to throw into that, as well... ) I bet you can get a LOT of what the KoT has to offer with what you've already got underfoot.

I have a EHX Satisfaction Fuzz, EHX Lizard Queen Octave Fuzz, Boss DS-1W, Klon clone and Fulltone 2b. The DS-1W is 2 in 1, the 2nd gain being a little heavier. 

We're saving for a trip and our insurance has gone up because we added flood insurance. We won't be making any purchases for a while.

• Like 2

Jennifer S.

9 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Regarding both having two cases of VD, they both also have two cases of Tone.

Just in case you really don't see it, the top knobs are V D  and  V D.

The bottom knobs are Tone and Tone.

This info applies to the real one.

Yeah, what he said.

• Like 2
I rock; therefore, I am.

Not a fan of counterfeits.  I doubt the circuits are the same. If the circuits were the same that isn’t even a huge deal. You really can’t copyright protect most these circuits. However you can’t legally steal trade dress.  

Then these counterfeits find their way on the used market. 

I like the Wampler Pantheon.  I use the Pantheon and the other guitarists in my band has a KOT. We both play Boogies.  They both do pretty much the same thing the way we both like to set them up.  

• Like 5

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

2 hours ago, CEB said:

Then these counterfeits find their way on the used market. 

I like the Wampler Pantheon.  I use the Pantheon and the other guitarists in my band has a KOT. We both play Boogies.  They both do pretty much the same thing the way we both like to set them up.  

If I sold my Klon clone, I would sell it for what it is(maybe a $5 profit🙂). Unfortunately there are some who would try to pass it off. 

There are a couple of blemished Wampler Tumnus available for $127. I thought about it, decided to pass. I don't own any Wampler pedals, but have heard good things about them.

• Like 3

Jennifer S.