Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy 89th birthday to Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley was born on this day (January 8 ) in 1935.  Now, I happen to believe that Elvis died back in 1977, but there are some folks out there that still think he's alive.  Either way, happy birthday to the most influential person of the second half of the 20th century.  If it wasn't for Elvis, rock and roll probably would have never achieved the popularity that it did, which means we would not have had The Beatles, the British Invasion, the hippie culture, Seventies arena rock, disco, MTV, heavy metal hair bands of the Eighties, and everything else musical that was popular.  It all comes back to Elvis.

• Like 3
I rock; therefore, I am.

Happy 89th Birthday to the King of Rock and Roll!  He is the reason I picked up a guitar and started playing and singing at the age of 13.  I credit Scotty Moore for the actual guitar playing though LoL!  They are bringing Elvis back as we speak via AI hologram shows.  Starting this year 2024 in London and future shows coming to Las Vegas. I've been a fan since 1956 when his version of Blue Suede Shoes first came out and I was only 6 years old.  I'm thinking a trip to Vegas is in my future...EP Lives on!!! 😎👍 

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz