Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rode acquires Mackie

https://sonicstate.com/news/2023/12/05/rode-aquires-mackie/

No matter how I look at it, it can only get better. Mackie has been poorly run for more than a decade now. It'll take some effort to restore it to its former glory.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should go well, the two companies make complimentary products. 

I have a pair of Mackie HR824 studio monitors and a RØDE M3 microphone currently. Both good quality stuff. 

I've owned other Mackie and RØDE gear in the past. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

13 hours ago, Anderton said:

Interesting. They also bought Aphex in 2015, so I expect we'll see Mackie gear with aural exciter and big bottom technology. 

And recording kits with monitors and microphones. This really expands the product line. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I've seen people making references to Mackie being run poorly now. And I am assuming that RØDE is run well now? Just curious.

I was one of the first people to get the RØDE NT2 in the US and A, as I happened to be in the market for a large diaphragm condenser at the time. It has a very pronounced rise around 12kHz but at the time was perfect for this atmospheric, breathy female vocals I so often recorded. The outer mesh was cheaply made (don't worry, their stuff is made MUCH better now) and fell off years ago, but the microphone was still working last time I fired it up.

I was pretty happy to hear this. I like both companies and I wish them the best. Mackie seems not as great as they used to be so I hope this returns them to their former glory.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI